Pop Culture Junkies

MamaMandee
Nick Lachey Disses Taylor Swift: Tells Guys to "Stay Away" From Her
April 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM

by 

Taylor Swift probably wants to know why a certain boy band member has gotta be so mean.

Boy band 98 Degrees is back in the music scene, and the group's Nick Lachey had some harsh words for the country cutie, according to MTV News.

The group was promoting their new single last week when they were explaining how other boy bands should handle fame.

"Surround yourselves with good people," group member Jeff Timmons says. "I mean, not to get too serious about it, but that's one thing that I think that we didn't always have. We didn't always have folks looking out for us the right way."

However, Nick decided to add one more piece of advice for all the boy band members out there.

"And stay away from Taylor Swift!" Nick says. "She'll write a song about you... Oh! I'm too late on that one. I didn't get to [that advice] fast enough." 

"[The song will] be a hit, but it will be about you," Nick continues. 

So Nick wants guys to stay away from Taylor? Ouch! Sure, Nick appears to be joking, but his comments are harsh nonetheless.

And even though Nick might be joking, we all know that Taylor doesn't take kindly to jokes being made at her expense. 

Last month, T-Swift made headlines by saying she didn't appreciate Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's remarks about her and quoted a line about there being a special place in hell for women who don't stand up for other women.

To put it another way, Taylor probably thinks Nick is trouble, trouble, trouble.

Source: MTV News

Credit: Jason Merritt/Getty Images

Replies

• monjerm01
    April 11, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    Immature.
  • .Bubbles.
    April 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    I'm pretty sure he was kidding. Every guy who goes near her is supposedly dating her and those who actually datr her usually end up in a song.
  • LizLestrange
    April 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Well he's right. I love how everyone thinks she's so freakin innocent. 

Pop Culture Junkies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts