Pop Culture Junkies

jltplk25
6 degrees of seperation
February 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM

When I first married DH, we lived at Fort Bragg. One of my friends, Kimberly, was originally from Georgia. We hung out a lot since our husbands were both in recruiting school at the time. She introduced me (musically) to this guy named Brantley Gilbert. He was a good friend of hers and she had some of his music. The very first song I ever heard him sing was G.R.I.T.S (Girls raised in the south). Little did I know that that guy would one day become famous. Man I should have asked for a copy of her CD!

Rewind a year or so before that. With my parent's divorce I suddenly gained my freedom. I could come and go as I pleased so I started attending Wednesday nights with a friend of mine, Kyle. In doing so I met a guy named Tim (oddly enough he was the last guy I dated before I married my husband who's name is also Tim). We dated for a short period but wound up being better off as friends. We still hung out, went to the same college, etc. Well one day the group we were in was going to be hosting a singer by the name of Josh Wilson. He and my ex were friends back in the day before Josh took off to try to make a music career. Today he is a very popular Christian recording artist. I did get to meet him but never had the chance to speak to him. We were all in a small area and he was swamped by his friends.

So.... anyone else "know" someone famous? ;)

Replies

• MamaMandee
    February 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I have met several stars while on set with my dad, he did props & set dressing for many movies and TV shows. 

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    February 1, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I haven't heard of them...sorry. But that is interesting. Six degrees of separation. Reminds me of Kevin Bacon....

• jltplk25
    February 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM

They're "famous" but not "Brad Pitt famous". Lol. Yeah, I think I've read/seen that...hilarious!

Quoting lga1965:

I haven't heard of them...sorry. But that is interesting. Six degrees of separation. Reminds me of Kevin Bacon....

• hollydaze1974
    February 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    Deanna Carter bought her dogfood at the store I managed and Lulu from Hee Haw frequently came to a restaurant where I was a server. (sorta obvious I'm in the Nashville area)
  • jltplk25
    February 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I used to love Hee Haw back in the day! She was the blonde one, right? It's been sooo long since they aired episodes. :(

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Deanna Carter bought her dogfood at the store I managed and Lulu from Hee Haw frequently came to a restaurant where I was a server. (sorta obvious I'm in the Nashville area)

• hollydaze1974
    February 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    :-) actually, Lulu was the uh... Extremely heavy set comedienne of the group.

Quoting jltplk25:

I used to love Hee Haw back in the day! She was the blonde one, right? It's been sooo long since they aired episodes. :(

Quoting hollydaze1974:

• sara_7106
    February 1, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    Not me
  • TCgirlatheart
    February 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM
    That was my first thought too! lol

Quoting lga1965:

• i.love.my.life
    February 2, 2013 at 8:07 AM
    Seann William Scott
    Jack Ingram
    a few NHL players
    a crew member for Lady Antebellum is a friends dad.
    and a few other "no name" people from around the twin cities.
  • TCgirlatheart
    February 2, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    Nice, another Minnesotan!
    Locally? I got a hug from Kirby Puckett back in the 80's and we almost had dinner with Gary Gaetti at the Samurai after the '87 season.
    I've never seen Prince(not counting the Target Center stage), or gone to Paisley Park.

Quoting i.love.my.life:

Seann William Scott

Jack Ingram

a few NHL players

a crew member for Lady Antebellum is a friends dad.

and a few other "no name" people from around the twin cities.

Pop Culture Junkies