Pop Culture Junkies

MamaMandee
Taylor Swift Is Hurt By All the Jokes Being Made About Her Love Life: Report
January 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Taylor Swift wants to know why everyone has to be so mean.

The 23-year-old country superstar has had her fair share of break-ups, and it's beginning to bother her love life has become such a national punchline, especially following Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's jokes about her during the Golden Globes ceremony on January 13. 

“At first, Taylor just thought it was funny how much interest people had in her love life, and she went along with it,” a source reveals to Radar Online

“But now, she’s the butt of jokes on Saturday Night Live, in the tabloids, and on the late night shows," the source continues. "She laughed it off, but the jokes made about her at the Golden Globes got under her skin.”

However, is it possible that the jokes might also be doing Taylor some good?

“The jokes being made about her love life embarrass her, but it’s finally hit home with Taylor,” her friend says. “She really wants to make an effort to slow down and not jump from boyfriend to boyfriend." 

"In a weird way, all the negative press has really opened her eyes and will be good for her!” says the friend.

But if Taylor doesn't jump from boyfriend to boyfriend, what will all her future songs be about?

Replies

• liz.1986
    January 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM
    Well, being a celebrity, it comes with the territory.
  • monjerm01
    January 21, 2013 at 8:37 PM
    This.

Quoting liz.1986:

Well, being a celebrity, it comes with the territory.

• edelweiss23
    January 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    Wah!!!!!

Cry me a river!!!
  • StrawberryCool
    January 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    Stop screwing around so many men and swaping every month.

Then turning around and making a song about them.

Im so hoping oned dude convinces the band to write a song about her
  • MrsNewman
    January 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Poor girl. 

She has nothing to be embarrassed about.

• pampire
    by pampire
    January 21, 2013 at 10:19 PM
    call the wahmbulance. No break ups, no material. Girlfriend needs to take some time to be on her own and get to know who SHE is before she goes hunting for another boyfriend.
  • Misserica91
    January 21, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Yeah. Really. It's so easy to make fun of her going from boyfriend to boyfriend. It's more like, stop writing songs about all your heartbreaks & shit. Maybe it wouldn't be so obvious to know that it was about who & so. She's talented but she's like....clueless.

• la_bella_vita
    January 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Meh....

• sissykay78
    January 22, 2013 at 6:11 AM
    While I don't agree with the writing songs about every guy she's with I do think its fine she has different guys. She's young and she's not hurting anyone. I say have your fun and play the field while your young.
  • shygrl3cccm
    January 22, 2013 at 6:22 AM
    I agree with her friend, this is good that all the publicity is opening up her eyes to what she is doing and realizes its not funny or good for her.

Pop Culture Junkies