Pop Culture Junkies

MamaMandee
Ke$ha single 'Die Young' not playing on radio stations after Newtown shooting
December 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

ke$ha-die-young-sandy-hook-newtown.jpg

Following in the wake of the tragic shooting at Newtown, Conn.'s Sandy Hook Elementary school, Ke$ha's latest single "Die Young" is being taken off the radio. The song was number three on the radio charts on the day of the massacre that left 26 people dead, 20 of them children, but it started losing listeners almost immediately after the shooting hit the airwaves. Not long after, many radio stations stopped playing the song.

"Die Young" is the first single off of Ke$ha's new album "Warrior." Though it was just a matter of bad timing, the fact that the song isn't going to be playing on the radio due to its content could hurt the sales of her album. For her part, Ke$ha seems to be putting those affected by the tragedy over her personal wellbeing, tweeting, "my heart goes out deeply to the people of Newtown, Connecticut."

This isn't the only piece of pop culture being nixed due to the shooting. The "Django Unchained" Los Angeles premiere that was supposed to beheld today has been canceled, and TLC has postponed the "Best Funeral Ever" special to Jan. 6. In our opinion, it's not much of a price to pay for the sake of respecting those who were affected by the Sandy Hook shooting.

Replies

• Jennyp05
    December 18, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    I'm still hearing it all over the radio
  • calvinsmommy18
    December 18, 2012 at 9:52 PM
    Me too.

Quoting Jennyp05:

• sara_7106
    December 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM
    Me three

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Me too.

Quoting Jennyp05:

• MamaMandee
    December 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM
    Yeah I found this odd as I heard it at least twice while out today.
  • mama2beautiesnb
    December 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM
    Lol i don't know what it is. I guess it's a good thing i'm a lil bit country and a lil bit rock n roll sometimes.
  • MommySally
    December 19, 2012 at 12:43 AM
    She sucks anyway so it doesn't affect my radio station
  • Hannahluvsdogs
    December 19, 2012 at 11:14 AM
    I haven't heard it on the radio lately but I don't spend much time in the car.
  • gmadiane
    December 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I dont know the song

• Legaltype
    December 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I doubt that I would know it if I heard it.

• MrsNewman
    December 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Im glad to see people being respectful of this awful tragedy. 

Pop Culture Junkies