Pop Culture Junkies

MamaMandee
Gangnam Style Singer Psy Apologizes for Song About Killing Americans
December 8, 2012 at 12:11 PM

There was a time when Psy had much darker things to say than, "Hey, sexy lay-day."

The singer behind the smash hit "Gangnam Style" is now apologizing for a song he performed in 2004, which called for Americans to be killed.

The song was entitled "Dear Americans," and one lyric from it is, "Kill those f**king Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives."

Another lyric is, "Kill those f**king Yankees who ordered them to torture ... Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers ... Kill them all slowly and painfully."

Now, Psy says he "will forever be sorry" for performing the song. He says it was "part of a deeply emotional reaction to the war in Iraq and the killing of two Korean schoolgirls that was part of the overall antiwar sentiment shared by others around the world at that time."

We're guessing he didn't do the horse dance while performing that one.

Source: TMZ

Replies

• gmadiane
    December 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I seen this on the news, awful is all I am gonna say

• msalice_21
    December 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    Ouch
  • lga1965
    by lga1965
    December 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM
    He is icky. I don't care if he "apologized". Its too late. I refuse to watch the famous you tube. That's not entertainment.
  • BeachMommy07
    December 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Too late for apologies..

• girlw_glasses
    December 11, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Yikes!!!!

• banana-bear
    December 11, 2012 at 8:59 AM
    People change. At least he had the courage to publicly apologize.
  • MrsNewman
    December 11, 2012 at 8:03 PM

the song is stupid, and he's nothing special.

• monjerm01
    December 11, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    Wow.

Idiot.
  • Due9
    by Due9
    December 11, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I bet he's apologizing since he needs the American people now to buy his record.

Pop Culture Junkies