Pop Culture Junkies

Cafe Kelly
'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Kim Zolciak Makes Her Last Excuse & Leaves 'RHOA'
December 3, 2012 at 8:27 AM

'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Kim Zolciak Makes Her Last Excuse & Leaves 'RHOA'

Posted by Julie Ryan Evans

Kim Zolciak and NeNe LeakesSo tonight was the night Kim Zolciak gave her last excuse and made a dramatic exit from The Real Housewives of Atlanta. We knew it was coming, so really the only thing shocking about it  was how long it took her to do it ... and what  a bad liar she is.

It's been clear for some time that she's totally over the show and the other ladies on it. And whether she was fired, as NeNe Leakes claims, or quit of her own accord because of all of the drama, it's really best this way. Back in the day, Kim was a crazy hoot who made for great TV, and I would have been sad to see her go. But for the last couple of seasons she's been making babies and excuses, getting married, saying "f*ck" as many times as humanly possible, and she really doesn't have time for the drama that is Real Housewives. So I say good riddance.

Her exit, however, was anything but graceful. Instead it was a big, loud, crazy kind of affair. Of course, we wouldn't have expected anything less.

It all went down when they met for lunch to talk about the upcoming couples' trip to Anguilla. It was shocking that Kim showed up at all, given her track record, but the group had scheduled the trip around her, so it was the least she could do.

But from the moment she sat down, she started backtracking, sidestepping, bending the truth, and just baffling everyone with her math as to how many weeks and months she was pregnant. Somehow the conversation went from yes, I'm going to ... well, as long as my doctor says it's okay, to hell no, there's no way I can go out of the country and I've already planned a vacation with Kroy for the same time.

It was crazy to watch someone spin that many tales simultaneously. When the other ladies started pushing back, telling her that they'd all changed their schedules because she picked these dates, she got all defensive. When Phaedra Parks flat out told her that it seems like since getting married she doesn't seem to have time for her girlfriends anymore, Kim concurred. "You know what, I really don’t. My priorities have changed," she said.

And with that, she and her wig and belly were up and out the door. “All these bitches are f*cking crazy!” she told the camera.

I don't blame her at all for not wanting to travel when pregnant, but she shouldn't have let them plan an entire trip around her. And yes, sometimes things change during a pregnancy, but the way she approached it all was just so shady and dismissive, and on top of all the other excuses she's made, I don't blame the other ladies for being pissed. She clearly doesn't want to be friends with them, and she's been demonstrating that for some time now. This just sealed the deal.

And it's really for the best for everyone. Kim has had her run, made her name, and has other prospects on the horizon. She hasn't added anything to the show in quite some time, and she just seems over it. So out with the old, in with the crazy new like Kenya Moore, who is pissing off the ladies one by one, and Porsha Stewart who thinks there are 265 days in a year. There will certainly be no short of drama without Kim, and I'm sure we'll see evidence of that that in Anguilla. I wonder if anyone will send Kim a postcard?

Are you glad to see Kim Zolciak leaving Real Housewives of Atlanta? What did you think of  her exit?

Image via Bravo

Replies

• jenn75
    by jenn75
    December 3, 2012 at 8:43 AM
    I'm just over her. I don't care anymore. I'm happy she's happy but I find myself fastforwarding her parts because I really don't care.
    I thought the whole "blowup scene" at the end where she's taking her mic off and telling the camera man to " leave her alone" was just funny. Like Kim would ever not want to be on TV.
  • BeachMommy07
    December 3, 2012 at 9:03 AM

She and all of them just look so plastic!

• rayroe2
    by rayroe2
    December 3, 2012 at 11:54 AM

so she wont be on for the rest of the season?

• MamaMandee
    December 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I actually dont watch very often but did catch the moment she left and went to car...hit the camera!  Im ok with her going! 

• jenn75
    by jenn75
    December 3, 2012 at 5:11 PM
    No, that's why they have some new girls this season.

Quoting rayroe2:

so she wont be on for the rest of the season?

• Due9
    by Due9
    December 3, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I liked watching her. But I do understand that her life has changed. When you have 2 babies in two years...that is your life. Let's not mention a new marriage. She was correct in saying she cannot travel out of the country at 32 weeks pregnant...especially with her history of early labor. Those other ladies should know that and not say she is lieing. I think she was ready to leave and I wish her luck.

• mackiebugsmom
    December 3, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    I love kim...
  • jenn75
    by jenn75
    December 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM
    I don't think they thought she was lying about that. What they thought she was lying about was that she was going in the first Place.
    They asked her for the dates SHE was available and worked their own busy schedules to acomidate her THEN she says she's going but oops! She can't go. She already had plans to go to the lake durring the time she told them shd could go in their trip. Why didn't she give them different dates? Why didn't she just say -you know what, I'm not gonna go. Why lie??
    I understand that things change but it your big girl panties on and tell people the truth.

Quoting Due9:

I liked watching her. But I do understand that her life has changed. When you have 2 babies in two years...that is your life. Let's not mention a new marriage. She was correct in saying she cannot travel out of the country at 32 weeks pregnant...especially with her history of early labor. Those other ladies should know that and not say she is lieing. I think she was ready to leave and I wish her luck.

• Due9
    by Due9
    December 3, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I don't agree with her saying she would go and give them dates and then turn around and say "I can't go." I also saw that when she was giving the reasons why she couldn't go several of them were saying she was making excuses and would come up with anything to get out of a trip with them or time with them. Yes, she should have been direct from the beginning, but they went on to say she was coming up with excuses. Being 32 weeks pregnant and going out of the country is a very legitimate excuse, especially with her history of early labor. She just should have told them from the beginning.

Quoting jenn75:

I don't think they thought she was lying about that. What they thought she was lying about was that she was going in the first Place.
    They asked her for the dates SHE was available and worked their own busy schedules to acomidate her THEN she says she's going but oops! She can't go. She already had plans to go to the lake durring the time she told them shd could go in their trip. Why didn't she give them different dates? Why didn't she just say -you know what, I'm not gonna go. Why lie??
    I understand that things change but it your big girl panties on and tell people the truth.

Quoting Due9:

• jbyrd898
    December 4, 2012 at 6:23 AM

I didnt watch the episode. I thought Kim made a good part of the cast though.

Pop Culture Junkies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN