Pop Culture Junkies

Cafe Kelly
'Glee' Recap: Kurt & Blaine Aren't Done, Ya Hear?
November 30, 2012 at 8:03 AM

'Glee' Recap: Kurt & Blaine Aren't Done, Ya Hear

Posted by Jeanne Sager

Darren CrissDo they ever know how to pack the excitement in on Glee!? In one night we got the return of Quinn Fabray (aka Dianna Agron). We got Gangnam Style. We got sectionals. And to top it all of, it was Thanksgiving.

Technically the turkey-eating was a week late because somehow on the actual holiday the writers were freaking us out with the threat of Blaine heading back to the Warblers. But it seems the holiday zinger was just a way to make us really appreicate what we now know Santa's bringing to Lima this Christmas! Or should I say who?

In the middle of all the excitement over the rookie members of the New Directions being mentored by members of the old gang who were back in town for the holiday (I did say Quinn has returned, and she sang us in with a fun arrangement of Simon & Garfunkel's Homeward Bound), you might have missed the real holiday gift hiding in this episode.

So allow me to sing this one from the rooftops: Blaine trothed his love to Kurt, and our favorite new New Yorker said it back. Kurt still loves Blaine. Klaine is back!

Well, almost. Kurt called up Blaine to wish him well for sectionals, and we learned he will be heading back to Ohio for Christmas. He's agreed to sit down with Blaine for a "mature" adult conversation over coffee (anywhere but the Lima Bean).

If that's not enough to crow about, how about this? Santana flipped on her bitch switch when she found out Kitty has been messing with Marley's mind, so this whole eating disorder mess seems like it's headed for an end ... especially after Marley blacked out on stage after skipping meals. 

Thanks to Mercedes' tutelage, Unique has decided to get back in dresses because she's ready to show the world it's more important to be comfortable in your own skin.

And big props to Jenna Ushkowitz. Ms. Tina Cohen-Chang managed to learn every single Korean word to Gangnam Style so it could be completely Gleeked out.

Yeah, I know, still not as exciting as the possibility of a Klaine reunion ... Christmas better get here fast.

What was your favorite part of this episode? Do you see Kurt and Blaine getting back together?

Image via Fox

Replies

• gmadiane
    November 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I dont watch

• Donna.June
    November 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM

The phone call! Ah, made me happy lol. Klaine so needs to get back together.

The slaps between Quinn and Santana were pretty funny.

• MamaMandee
    November 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I loved it all and I will admit I got a little emotional during the phone call!! 

• CorpCityGrl
    November 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I hated the Gangnam Style routine and I thought it was a poor choice for sectionals and didn't see anything spectacular about it.

I DID love the Kurt/Blaine phone call though :)

• MamaMandee
    November 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Oh I also thought the Warblers killed it! 

• ballerina.2006
    November 30, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    I think Jenna (Tina) killed Gangham Style but the dancing wasn't up to par.

Warblers were amazing.

The Klaine phone call made me cry! So sweet! Definitely the best part of the episode.
  • sara_7106
    November 30, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    Great episode!

Pop Culture Junkies