Pop Culture Junkies

Cafe Kelly
'Teen Mom 2' Recap: Corey & Leah Did Not Have to Split
November 27, 2012 at 6:54 AM

'Teen Mom 2' Recap: Corey & Leah Did Not Have to Split

Leah CalvertTeen Mom 2 is a strange show because the girls are so famous that we have up to the minute details on their lives. We know that Leah Simms is now Leah Calvert and is expecting a new baby with her husband Jeremy Calvert. But on the show, she is still finalizing the details of her divorce with Corey and wondering if their marriage could have been saved.

In short, it could have.

Of course, Leah is not the only person on the show and Chelsea, Jenelle, and Kailyn have their own dramas going on as well. Tonight, Jenelle's big issue was being unable to pass her drug test and thus, being sent to jail. I guess I am not entirely sure why it is so hard for Jenelle to simply stop smoking, especially when, as I understand it, marijuana is not physically addictive.

Maybe I am just missing something, but Jenelle barely seems to want to stop. Her life would be a million better if she just kicked smoking, but she refuses. It makes no sense and tonight we saw her go back to jail for it.

No matter how many times she messes up, we'll all keep routing for Jenelle. She is just a kid in many ways.

Chelsea, on the other hand, is very much an adult, but she is an adult who is dealing with a child for a boyfriend. Although, as far as I know, they are now over, in the show time, Chelsea is still messing around with Adam and driving everyone -- but most of all her father -- insane in the process. Come ON Chelsea. The guy showed up TWO HOURS late to his kid's party. He is a complete and total ass. Let him go.

Kailyn also needs to let Jo go. She is stalking him online and obsessing over his social life. In the end, his social life is not really her business. It makes sense that it bothers her as he is Isaac's dad. But it's also outside of her control and kind of mean that she expects to be able to stop him.

This is always the issue with these people. If only they would COMMUNICATE, more would happen. Had Leah and Corey gone to counseling, had they seen what we all see -- two people who very much loved each other but did not know how to make it work -- they could have maybe had more. Instead they split. It could have been stopped.

Now we know Leah moves on and she is happy now. Good for her. Hopefully Corey is, too. But their marriage was too short and there was a lot good there. It does seem like they could have worked harder and made it last.

Do you think Corey and Leah could have made it work?

Image via MTV

Replies

• BeachMommy07
    November 27, 2012 at 9:07 AM

They could have-she's a fool to have done what she did to him. It's sad really..they are both too young.

• MrsNewman
    November 27, 2012 at 1:30 PM

No, I think if it hadn't been that issue it would have been another one. She wasn't in love with Cory. She loved him, but she wasn't in love and you can clearly see that, they both would have fought a little harder had they really been in love.

• sara_7106
    November 27, 2012 at 2:19 PM
    Sad
  • momdays
    by momdays
    November 27, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Yep! She even said it a while back that she wasn't in love with him when she got pregnant. Girls this age think that the only way is to make it work with the father of their children. That isn't always the case. It would be ideal, as they see it, but not realistic at their ages.

Quoting MrsNewman:

No, I think if it hadn't been that issue it would have been another one. She wasn't in love with Cory. She loved him, but she wasn't in love and you can clearly see that, they both would have fought a little harder had they really been in love.

Pop Culture Junkies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN