Pop Culture Junkies

MamaMandee
'Big Bang Theory' flash mob: Cast and crew surprise studio audience with 'Call Me Maybe' dance
November 16, 2012 at 12:56 PM

The cast of "The Big Bang Theory"broke character big-time during a live taping for Thursday night's (Nov. 15) episode -- with a flash mob! 

Just after action was called on a scene for "The 43 Peculiarity," the actors -- including Jim ParsonsJohnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco -- seemed startled as the opening bars of Carly Rae Jepsen's summer smash, "Call Me Maybe," sounded through the stage. Moments later, the "BBT" crew assembled in front them and launched into a synchronized dance. 

Then, with Cuoco -- who orchestrated the surprise and enlisted her sister to choreograph it -- leading the way, the actors got up and joined in as the mob grew. Showrunner Chuck Lorremay not have been in on the gag -- his astonishment seems genuine. 

Unfortunately, the video released by CBS is heavily edited and shows just a small portion of the event. "FYI that was only a tiny piece of it!!" tweeted Cuoco, who promised fans that she is "trying to get you the rest of it!!!!" 

The clip does include the joke's final punchline, offered by Parsons after the actors resume their seats on the set. 

"Bazinga!" 

"The Big Bang Theory" airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on CBS. 

Replies

• .Bubbles.
    November 16, 2012 at 1:00 PM

LOL!  I love it!  I had seen they posted it on Facebook and didn't get a chance to watch it earlier.  I love this show.

• gmadiane
    November 16, 2012 at 1:05 PM

lol

• mama2sqgl
    November 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    I love it!!!!!
  • pampire
    by pampire
    November 17, 2012 at 2:11 PM

That's cute!  Love the show!

• Sillieguze
    November 17, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I love that show

• MamaMandee
    November 17, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Bazinga!! 

• KelissaMaye
    November 17, 2012 at 4:23 PM

LOL!!! That was great. I love the ending.

• MrsNewman
    November 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM
    Neat. I love flash mobs they are so cool. I was sad when they banned them here.
  • VintageWife
    November 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM

LMBO! That was freakin' hilarious!!!

• lukesmommy1114
    November 18, 2012 at 2:25 AM
    O that was awesome!!!! I love it !!

Pop Culture Junkies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts