Breastfeeding Moms

imamami05
newly working bf mom
September 16, 2009 at 9:26 AM

i just started working last week. i don't have time to pump(or believe me i would) and as soon as i get home i nurse, but yesterday i got home and they werent full anymore :(   i don't want to stop breastfeeding,any suggestions?????

Replies

• gdiamante
    September 16, 2009 at 12:04 PM

You're not SUPPOSED to be full. That's fine. Full is bad. It's a precursor to engorgement and mastitis.

If any of your co-workers get smoke breaks, you get a pump break. That's covered under equal protection. You can pump faster than most people can smoke...15 minutes start to finish.

Still...nurse when home. Milk is made while nursing.

• mamacita2005
    September 16, 2009 at 11:30 PM

i have been back to work for 2wks or so, and have been pumping on breaks and lunch. with a medela pump it only takes about 10mins to pump. brown bag a lunch and pump..    good luck!

• star33
    by star33
    September 17, 2009 at 4:42 PM

i had 15  min breaks at work. i ate/drank while i pumped. everyone (my boss) knew i was pumping. sometimes it took a few mins longer, but you are allowed by law to do that.

• sweet2bmom
    July 20, 2010 at 11:07 AM

What do I do then because my boss kinda gave me attitude about pumping(after work)? ANd told me "Yeah, when we come back then you won't have to pump anymore"

• gdiamante
    July 20, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Quoting sweet2bmom:

What do I do then because my boss kinda gave me attitude about pumping(after work)? ANd told me "Yeah, when we come back then you won't have to pump anymore"

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/bureau/Publications/ArkansasCode/Title11.pdf

Check this out. You can search the document and find multiple mentions of regulations that mandate allowing pump time.

Breastfeeding Moms