Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
imamami05
newly working bf mom
September 16, 2009 at 9:26 AM

i just started working last week. i don't have time to pump(or believe me i would) and as soon as i get home i nurse, but yesterday i got home and they werent full anymore :(   i don't want to stop breastfeeding,any suggestions?????

Replies

• gdiamante
    September 16, 2009 at 12:04 PM

You're not SUPPOSED to be full. That's fine. Full is bad. It's a precursor to engorgement and mastitis.

If any of your co-workers get smoke breaks, you get a pump break. That's covered under equal protection. You can pump faster than most people can smoke...15 minutes start to finish.

Still...nurse when home. Milk is made while nursing.

• mamacita2005
    September 16, 2009 at 11:30 PM

i have been back to work for 2wks or so, and have been pumping on breaks and lunch. with a medela pump it only takes about 10mins to pump. brown bag a lunch and pump..    good luck!

• star33
    by star33
    September 17, 2009 at 4:42 PM

i had 15  min breaks at work. i ate/drank while i pumped. everyone (my boss) knew i was pumping. sometimes it took a few mins longer, but you are allowed by law to do that.

• sweet2bmom
    July 20, 2010 at 11:07 AM

What do I do then because my boss kinda gave me attitude about pumping(after work)? ANd told me "Yeah, when we come back then you won't have to pump anymore"

• gdiamante
    July 20, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Quoting sweet2bmom:

What do I do then because my boss kinda gave me attitude about pumping(after work)? ANd told me "Yeah, when we come back then you won't have to pump anymore"

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/bureau/Publications/ArkansasCode/Title11.pdf

Check this out. You can search the document and find multiple mentions of regulations that mandate allowing pump time.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN