Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
MinnieMouse8
What should I do?
September 6, 2009 at 9:27 AM

I have a 1 yr old that I EBF but he also eats only snacks, the problem is I'm not getting good sleep, I remember a month or two ago, he would only wake up once to eat, now he wakes up like every 2 to 3 hours. I don't think he wants to eat all the time, he just wants to stay latched on me the whole night so he keeps waking me up.

Anyone go through this? Any help, suggestions, advice? I need help! I don't know what to do about this?

Thank you!

Replies

• Emschick38
    September 6, 2009 at 2:57 PM

I am going through the same thing. My DD is 14 months old and went 10 days only nursing at bed and nap time. Now she is nursing every two hours again and refusing most food and drinks (unless its in my cup)    Sorry I a not a big help but I know your tiredness.

• gdiamante
    September 6, 2009 at 3:57 PM

You *did* see the clause in the Mommy Contract that says you never get eight hours again, right? **grin**

Where is baby sleeping? If co-sleeping, it may be time to transition. There is a great article on drjaygordon.com on just how to do this.

• HotAZMama
    September 6, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I've always 'tricked' my babies by switching my breast for a soothie pacifier and then tranfer them to their crib nice and slowly. Seems to work...most of the time, there have been a couple of occasions were they don't always fall for it. I have found that the Soothie pacifiers work very well because they are similar to the breast. Hope this helps a bit. baby boy

• MinnieMouse8
    September 6, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

You *did* see the clause in the Mommy Contract that says you never get eight hours again, right? **grin**

Yes I remember that contract ;) hehe!

Where is baby sleeping? If co-sleeping, it may be time to transition. There is a great article on drjaygordon.com on just how to do this.

yes, i do co-sleep, i will take a look at that site, it might be time for the transition but i know its not going to be easy for him. He is boobie crazy!

• Daynaof3
    September 6, 2009 at 9:00 PM

sounds like he may be teething to me, probably won't stay this way for very long. My kids had/have periods where they will wake a little more frequently then usually and then go back to normal, especially when sick or teething.

• NorthwoodsMom
    September 6, 2009 at 9:48 PM

I also had this happen with my first and second babies - who were co-sleepers. I used the pacifier trick method, after a few nights it worked.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN