Breastfeeding Moms

maguire708
WARNING/REMINDER TO BREASTFEEDING MOMS!
September 5, 2008 at 11:31 AM

As most of you know there have been men on CafeMom in the past, and probably will be in the future.  Most of them are just insecure jerks, but some have been here specifically to fulfill their breastmilk and breastfeeding fetishes by looking at pics, asking to "help" with latch issues via webcam, and by asking for donor milk.

Red flags IMO are the unwillingness to call/be called efore meeting or mailing milk (absolutely a MUST in my opinion after this experience), no personalization or sharing of experiences  such as baby's name/birth details/current behavior, real home page/profile if it's through a group like this one (something that shows history, pictures, etc.), and just a general feeling you get after chatting for a bit.  The person I ran into asked for donor milk for an adopted baby but had a story that shifted the more questions I asked and when I looked at the groups "she" had joined, noticed that there were NO groups about babies or adoption, just breastfeeding... there were NO pics, no details, etc. and the story changed as we kept chatting! 

There are legitimate calls for donated breastmilk, just trust your gut, and use your head, and don't give up the idea of donating altogether if it interests you.  I am now donating for an adorable little boy who was adopted by a nice family near me... I'm so glad I didn't let this experience totally turn me off to the idea, because it is very fulfilling to give!

Replies

• ktbona
    by ktbona
    September 5, 2008 at 12:15 PM

URG!  So creepy!   Thanks for the heads up and also what to look for!! 

• lyndallsmom
    September 5, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Great advice you gave!! I read a post a few months ago but thought that things had died down. I didn't know it was still happening. One more thing to consider, making your profiles private. That way these sickos can't access any pictures or info without being on your friends' list.

Kim

• gdiamante
    September 6, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Quoting lyndallsmom:

One more thing to consider, making your profiles private. That way these sickos can't access any pictures or info without being on your friends' list.

Or....put very very little in your profile page. Just the basics, no pictures.

• maguire708
    September 8, 2008 at 9:44 AM

People post nursing pics HERE and in other groups, and you can never know who is reading, so just know that anything you post on the internet is PUBLIC so don't post anything you don't want people to see or read.

• SweetJaney
    September 16, 2008 at 11:57 AM

Ewwwww! HOw disgustingly creepy!! Even here we have to watch for weirdos. Thx for the heads-up. Sheesh! I have to go wash my mind now ugh

• shmorris56
    September 16, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Thanks for letting me know that!  Sick freaks are everywhere I guess.

• Saritha
    by Saritha
    September 19, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Hi,

That's so disgusting!!

Thanks for the information

• PinaiAngelPai15
    September 20, 2008 at 1:02 AM

That's disgusting!!  Thanks for the advice.

• christine_maddy
    September 22, 2008 at 1:15 PM

I'm always so paranoid and careful about the internet.  Thank you for the reminder.  What a bunch of disgusting creeps.

• SPatton
    by SPatton
    September 22, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Quoting maguire708:

People post nursing pics HERE and in other groups, and you can never know who is reading, so just know that anything you post on the internet is PUBLIC so don't post anything you don't want people to see or read.

That is so very true!  Not just with this topic, but with all in general. 

Breastfeeding Moms