Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
Ms.Pteranodon
Every time I try to night wean
June 8 at 1:58 PM
He starts teething!

Seriously.

A few weeks ago I tried to night wean. First night he was really fussy an the next morning a tooth popped up, right back molar on the top. It took a few days for it to come all the way through. Then the left back molar started coming up. It also took a few days.

I waited a few more days to see if any other teeth were going to come in and nothing. No swelling. Nothing.

Well 2 nights ago I decided to try and night wean again and he was super super fussy he was up most of the night and after a few hours I have in. Last night when trying to calm him I saw two raised bumps on the bottom of his mouth and I felt two teeth, one on each side. I have him some teething tablets and then let nurse.

I feel like I am never going to be able to night wean!

Replies

• aehanrahan
    June 8 at 2:14 PM
    I wanted to night wean so many times after Johnathan was a year, but I knew that he wasn't ready and kept going. He finally started going longer at night just before three. He's six and still wakes up at night, but so do I!
  • gdiamante
    June 8 at 3:15 PM

I gave up trying. And he did it all on his own when I gave it up as a bad job.

• Ms.Pteranodon
    June 8 at 4:18 PM
    I feel like I might be headed in that direction.

Although DH imposed a very important question the other night:

Which comes first own room or night weaning?

Kinda like which comes first the chicken or the egg.

Quoting gdiamante:

• Ms.Pteranodon
    June 8 at 4:22 PM
    I'm not in a hurry or anything and I know sleeping fully through the night may never come.

My oldest is almost 5 and still wakes up once a night to potty.

And we have gotten down to one nursing session in the middle of the night.

Quoting aehanrahan: I wanted to night wean so many times after Johnathan was a year, but I knew that he wasn't ready and kept going. He finally started going longer at night just before three. He's six and still wakes up at night, but so do I!
  • gdiamante
    June 8 at 4:26 PM

They came TOGETHER here. Not that it meant we weren't up and down going to the other room while the crib was still in use. And when he switched to a bed, we'd get visits from the Nighttime Nosebleeder (made Game of Thrones look like a G movie).

Once the nosebleeds stopped during elementary school, we had no more nighttime visits from our son. Not that he sleeps all night... he doesn't! But he doesn't need us any longer.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon: I feel like I might be headed in that direction. Although DH imposed a very important question the other night: Which comes first own room or night weaning? Kinda like which comes first the chicken or the egg.
    Quoting gdiamante:

• Ms.Pteranodon
    June 8 at 5:44 PM
    We have the crib side cared at this point.

My oldest just stopped needing me in the middle of the night. Unless he's sick.

Quoting gdiamante:

They came TOGETHER here. Not that it meant we weren't up and down going to the other room while the crib was still in use. And when he switched to a bed, we'd get visits from the Nighttime Nosebleeder (made Game of Thrones look like a G movie).

Once the nosebleeds stopped during elementary school, we had no more nighttime visits from our son. Not that he sleeps all night... he doesn't! But he doesn't need us any longer.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon: I feel like I might be headed in that direction.

Although DH imposed a very important question the other night:

Which comes first own room or night weaning?

Kinda like which comes first the chicken or the egg.

Quoting gdiamante:

• MusherMaggie
    June 8 at 6:31 PM
    How old is your baby? I didn't do any kind of weaning from breast or bed. Night weaning from breastfeeding should not occur before one year of age.
  • Ms.Pteranodon
    June 8 at 7:09 PM
    He is almost 17 months.

He was nursing 2-3 times a night and now I am able to rub his back and get him back to sleep at least 1 of those times

Quoting MusherMaggie: How old is your baby? I didn't do any kind of weaning from breast or bed. Night weaning from breastfeeding should not occur before one year of age.
  • MusherMaggie
    June 8 at 7:39 PM
    He may be coming up on another growth spurt, too.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts