Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
MaMaLaLa78
Pumped milk problem
October 27, 2013 at 12:23 PM
I just went back to work this past week. I only work mornings /part time. Well baby won't drink bottle for daddy while I'm gone. I usually feed her at 7:10 am and then I get home just before noon. I pump once at work or I race home to feed her. Suggestions- do I need to pump ( I pump in my classroom right after 11:00) or can I just race home if she continues to not take a bottle.

I'm already gifting some of the milk stockpile I have in my freezer.

Replies

• maggiemom2000
    October 27, 2013 at 12:28 PM

You need to pump for missed feedings. If baby is not taking  bottle and waiting for you to get home then you don't need to pump. However, if you are getting engorged, then you may want to pump to prevent plugged ducts.

• Precious333
    October 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    Of you arent missong feedings fhan i wouldmt worry. I also.wouldnt go longer than 4 hours without pumping or nursing.
  • Cruz-s-mommy
    October 27, 2013 at 1:12 PM
    I agree^^^
  • polkaspots
    October 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM
    If the baby isn't taking a bottle you're not missing a feeding and you don't have to pump. However after only five hours of not eating you don't have to race home. I would probably pump first or on the way home for my own comfort and piece of mind.
  • kajira
    by kajira
    October 27, 2013 at 3:02 PM
    Sounds like she's going to reverse cycle, she can go 4-5 hours with out nursing, as long as you get home fast enough and nurse more in the evenings and don't try to night wean anytime soon.
  • kajira
    by kajira
    October 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    Oh and sorry, your body can handle going 4-5 hours with out a problem, your prolactin levels are highest at night, so if you nurse in the evenings, early morning and through out the night, that 4-5 hour chunk during mid-day won't really effect your milk production. If you need to hand express a little to keep engorgement under control, that works too, but your body should adjust to a different schedule as long as you don't skip any other feedings.
  • tabi_cat1023
    October 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    I thin the pumping is up to you, if you feel the need to pump or its causing engorgement go ahead and pump..otherwise no stress
  • MaMaLaLa78
    October 29, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    Thanks ladies. This helps me a ton.
  • aehanrahan
    October 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    I agree with the others. The reverse cycling is not a problem. The pumping is up to you. You could just hand express for comfort until your supply adjusts to the new schedule.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN