Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
Rae706
Starbucks?
by Rae706
October 25, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I want a latte soo bad! How awful would the caffeine be just this once?

Replies

• valrubio
    October 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    I have drank coffee during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. Not daily but occasionally. I never had a problem with it. It didn't seem to bother my baby.
  • Rae706
    by Rae706
    October 25, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    I am so happy you said that. (:

Quoting valrubio:

I have drank coffee during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. Not daily but occasionally. I never had a problem with it. It didn't seem to bother my baby.

• MommyO2-6631
    October 25, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    It's only bad if baby has adverse side affects which you'll never know until you try. Aiden sleeps better at night if I don't drink coffee so I try to stay away.
  • valrubio
    October 25, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    You could try it once and see how your baby does. I bet the baby will be fine. Just start with a smaller latte.

Quoting Rae706:

I am so happy you said that. (:

Quoting valrubio:

• shortyali
    October 25, 2013 at 9:00 AM
    I drink 2-3 cups (DH calls them gallon mugs cause they are the bigger cups) of coffee a day. Just make sure to drink enough water to compensate. The first 4-6 months no coffee after 3pm for me because DS2 would be up all night. Now that he's over 11 months I can pretty much drink whenever I want and he's fine.
  • ILoveMyFam
    October 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    I went to Starbucks almost daily while pregnant after the first trimester. I had an aversion to coffee the first 3mo of pregnancy. My little one is perfectly healthy and wonderful!
  • ILoveMyFam
    October 25, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    Whoops, and while breastfeeding, noticed nothing in my baby. Just drank lots of water!

Quoting ILoveMyFam:

I went to Starbucks almost daily while pregnant after the first trimester. I had an aversion to coffee the first 3mo of pregnancy. My little one is perfectly healthy and wonderful!
  • Mom2Just1
    October 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I drink coffee and breastfeeding.  I just get decaf. My favorite right now is Decaf pumpkin spice latte!

• stepconfused182
    October 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM

There's no reason to avoid caffeine while breastfeeding unless you notice it causes irritability and restlessness in your baby. I was able to drink my coffee just as I did before and during pregnancy with no issues.

• mama-smurf
    October 25, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    I stopped drinking pop because Autumn became extremely energetic lol

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts