Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
Aandie
Tandem positioning?
by Aandie
October 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM
How did you position baby and toddler when they want to nurse at same time? I feel like I need my hands to support my breasts so its hard for me to juggle both.

Replies

• MusherMaggie
    October 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    Pillow under the newborn, Football hold position. Toddler, feet out away from me, pillow under his head if needed.
  • Precious333
    October 25, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    I didnt need two hands, but i did cradle and toddler sitting next to me nursing.
  • collinsmommy0
    October 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    If you have a boppy, that helps get the infant up high enough to support the baby. Then have your toddler get himself into position. I don't hold my breast for my toddler - he can do that.

I do laying down on my side, I latch baby, the the toddler sits/lays down & nurses on the other side (we read books then go to sleep usually).

On the couch, I usually sit, get baby in cradle position, then my toddler sits next to me. He likes my arm around him while he nurses.
  • Cruz-s-mommy
    October 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Cruz is HUGE, so he just lays in football position and I don't have support him or the boob, with the nb, I cradle him and sandwichd my breast into his mouth (lip and tongue ties, so he slips off if I'm not doing that the whole feed :-/) Sometimes Cruz lays in the cradle the position and I rest Coen on top of "big brother nursing pillow," and it leaves me with a free hand (kind of) lol. But of course number 2 is just 4 weeks old today so we are still trying to find the right groove.

• melindabelcher
    mel
    October 26, 2013 at 5:09 PM
    My toddler latched on first sitting kinda in a cradle position then latched baby on also cradle position sitting on toddlers lap

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts