Breastfeeding Moms

Aandie
Tandem positioning?
by Aandie
October 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM
How did you position baby and toddler when they want to nurse at same time? I feel like I need my hands to support my breasts so its hard for me to juggle both.

Replies

• MusherMaggie
    October 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    Pillow under the newborn, Football hold position. Toddler, feet out away from me, pillow under his head if needed.
  • Precious333
    October 25, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    I didnt need two hands, but i did cradle and toddler sitting next to me nursing.
  • collinsmommy0
    October 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    If you have a boppy, that helps get the infant up high enough to support the baby. Then have your toddler get himself into position. I don't hold my breast for my toddler - he can do that.

I do laying down on my side, I latch baby, the the toddler sits/lays down & nurses on the other side (we read books then go to sleep usually).

On the couch, I usually sit, get baby in cradle position, then my toddler sits next to me. He likes my arm around him while he nurses.
  • Cruz-s-mommy
    October 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Cruz is HUGE, so he just lays in football position and I don't have support him or the boob, with the nb, I cradle him and sandwichd my breast into his mouth (lip and tongue ties, so he slips off if I'm not doing that the whole feed :-/) Sometimes Cruz lays in the cradle the position and I rest Coen on top of "big brother nursing pillow," and it leaves me with a free hand (kind of) lol. But of course number 2 is just 4 weeks old today so we are still trying to find the right groove.

• melindabelcher
    mel
    October 26, 2013 at 5:09 PM
    My toddler latched on first sitting kinda in a cradle position then latched baby on also cradle position sitting on toddlers lap

Breastfeeding Moms