Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
keikoness
what did let down feel like for you?
October 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I don't know what to look for...

I know when I nurse her its a steady stream and she has to bite me to stop the flow or she will drown

Featured post! Whoot!!

Replies

• MommyO2-6631
    October 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM
    You have OAL. Try nursing with baby positioned above your breast, like slouching in a chair. For me letdown felt like a tingley cold chill.
  • Cruz-s-mommy
    October 24, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Ihave been nursing for 26 months, and am now nursing my 4 week old along with my toddler and I hav always had oversupply, to this day I have yet to feel a letdown. No need to look for letdown. :-)

• polkaspots
    October 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    That's over active let down. I never had that after the first few days of milk. I stopped feeling letdown after that and I'm still nursing him 20 months later.
  • keikoness
    October 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM
    My oversupply has calmed down quite a bit but no such luck with oal. Hoping if I know what to look for I can pump while she sleeps to get a good size stash so I can have mommy day on my birthday.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Ihave been nursing for 26 months, and am now nursing my 4 week old along with my toddler and I hav always had oversupply, to this day I have yet to feel a letdown. No need to look for letdown. :-)

• keikoness
    October 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    She will be 4 weeks old Tuesday. She's not choking anymore which is a plus but still I spray her in the face sometimes

Quoting polkaspots:

That's over active let down. I never had that after the first few days of milk. I stopped feeling letdown after that and I'm still nursing him 20 months later.

• tabi_cat1023
    October 24, 2013 at 8:32 PM

For me it was a pinch and then a burning type feeling

• Cruz-s-mommy
    October 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Lol, well ignore what I said, I have had oversupply and OAL since DS1 was born, and now they're BOTH nursing 24/7, my breasts keep leaking everywhere and I soak through 3 layers: padded bra, shirt and sweater.

Quoting keikoness:

My oversupply has calmed down quite a bit but no such luck with oal. Hoping if I know what to look for I can pump while she sleeps to get a good size stash so I can have mommy day on my birthday.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

• polkaspots
    October 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM
    It's good that your oal has gotten better. I don't know of any ways to help though. Sorry.

Quoting keikoness:

She will be 4 weeks old Tuesday. She's not choking anymore which is a plus but still I spray her in the face sometimes

Quoting polkaspots:

• keikoness
    October 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
    Does it start in your breast and move to your nipple because I though I had thrush but I don't. Curious what this is.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

For me it was a pinch and then a burning type feeling

• GodsAmiga
    October 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM

For me letdown is kind of a burning tingling feeling. It starts towards the top area of my breasts and then moves down as the milk flows down.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts