Breastfeeding Moms

BellaBlue92
Drinking and breastfeeding
September 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM
So my 21st birthday is coming up on October 2nd and I was wondering if I could have a glass of red wine, a beer, or a Smirnoff ice without enough of it entering my milk to affect my baby? If it will, I obviously won't have one, I'll just wait another couple years to have a drink (my goal is to have my baby self wean, I'll be happy with 2 years) Please no bashing or saying I'm irresponsible or anything like that, I'm not going to get drunk I just want to know if one beer will affect my baby, and if it will then I obviously won't have one.

Replies

• Ptitchou
    September 20, 2013 at 1:21 AM
    Safe to drive, safe to nurse. Have a bit of fun:). Drink water to avoid the headache/dehydration.
  • BellaBlue92
    September 20, 2013 at 1:22 AM
    Thank you! :)

Quoting Ptitchou:

Safe to drive, safe to nurse. Have a bit of fun:). Drink water to avoid the headache/dehydration.

• TiffanyMarie80
    September 20, 2013 at 1:33 AM
    This :)

Quoting Ptitchou:

• audmom1218
    September 20, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    I always stick to the one drink per hour rule. Then if dd is hungry I know I'm still good to nurse. Now that she's older I will allow myself to actually get a little tipsy (not trashed just buzzed) if I feed her before she goes to bed. The rule in our house though is one of us has to be sober to care for dd.
  • tabi_cat1023
    September 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM

sober to drive means that the alcohol is not in your blood, which is what makes your milk...so sober enough to nurse

Breastfeeding Moms