Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
BellaBlue92
Drinking and breastfeeding
September 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM
So my 21st birthday is coming up on October 2nd and I was wondering if I could have a glass of red wine, a beer, or a Smirnoff ice without enough of it entering my milk to affect my baby? If it will, I obviously won't have one, I'll just wait another couple years to have a drink (my goal is to have my baby self wean, I'll be happy with 2 years) Please no bashing or saying I'm irresponsible or anything like that, I'm not going to get drunk I just want to know if one beer will affect my baby, and if it will then I obviously won't have one.

Replies

• Ptitchou
    September 20, 2013 at 1:21 AM
    Safe to drive, safe to nurse. Have a bit of fun:). Drink water to avoid the headache/dehydration.
  • BellaBlue92
    September 20, 2013 at 1:22 AM
    Thank you! :)

Quoting Ptitchou:

Safe to drive, safe to nurse. Have a bit of fun:). Drink water to avoid the headache/dehydration.

• TiffanyMarie80
    September 20, 2013 at 1:33 AM
    This :)

Quoting Ptitchou:

• audmom1218
    September 20, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    I always stick to the one drink per hour rule. Then if dd is hungry I know I'm still good to nurse. Now that she's older I will allow myself to actually get a little tipsy (not trashed just buzzed) if I feed her before she goes to bed. The rule in our house though is one of us has to be sober to care for dd.
  • tabi_cat1023
    September 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM

sober to drive means that the alcohol is not in your blood, which is what makes your milk...so sober enough to nurse

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN