Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
jean_marie1987
NIP? *Update*
September 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I was fully prepared to NIP this time around (too chicken with DS1), but I never need to... I feel like I'm missing out on my chance to have a blanket thrown over my baby's head (just read that post).
For those of you that NIP, how often does your kiddo nurse? I can feed DS2 before we go out, and he won't be hungry until we get home (about three and a half hours is the longest we've been out).
Just curious why so many get to NIP, when I'd have to plan for it to happen.....

*Update* I have finally had the chance to NIP! I had to go out of town last week, and we stopped to eat. Since we were gone so long already (unplanned) it was time for DS2 to eat. I nursed him in Burger King! No one said anything. I'm not even sure if anyone noticed (two-shirt method). I also nursed him at church this afternoon, since there was a celebration afterwards. I also used the two-shirt method, and only one person said something. She told me I was doing a very good thing for my baby and that she fully supports me!

Replies

• JadeTigr7
    September 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM

My daughter doesn't always want to nurse while she's out, because a lot of the times she'd rather look around and then decides she's ravenous as we get to our van, but I've fed her out a couple of times when we've been out 3+ hours (she still usually nurses about every 2 hours).

• audmom1218
    September 18, 2013 at 8:46 PM
    My dd likes to nurse when she gets overwhelmed so any time were someplace new where she feels uncomfortable. I've nurses at a restaurant, while grocery shopping (highly recommend a good wrap), at a flea market, at the beach, last night at a pool and in urgent care, etc. I never really planned ahead besides wearing 2 shirts at all times, and wearing my wrap so she can nurse hands free.
  • queenb87
    September 18, 2013 at 9:07 PM
    My son seems to be hungry everytime I walk in Walmart no matter how recently he nursed. An he will usually only nurse every 2 hours.
  • MDWife12
    September 18, 2013 at 9:11 PM

With my older two I nip a lot more when they were babies rather than when they were 1+. Same goes for my youngest little guy, now tha the is 1 he would much rather run around and try to put everything in his mouth or he gets mad because I wont let him push the shopping cart O.o but when he is tired he tries to nurse and I just do it.

• BabyPink07
    September 19, 2013 at 8:20 AM
    When she was younger I did all the time. Didn't care where I was/ who was around. Latest time was in a movie theatre. Just plopped it out til she was out ;) I never use a cover. I hear stories, but never in my 2 years, 2 kids of nursing did I ever get looks or comments. I kinda wish I would! Lol, I like confrontation. I'm waiting for the, aren't you gonna wean comments soon.
  • jean_marie1987
    September 19, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I got commended last night at dinner, and I wasn't even nursing while there! The waitress commented that DS2 looked like he wanted to enjoy pizza with us, too, and said that he would get it soon enough... Then she looked like she made a mistake and asked if I was bfing, and was happy when I said yes.

Quoting BabyPink07:

When she was younger I did all the time. Didn't care where I was/ who was around. Latest time was in a movie theatre. Just plopped it out til she was out ;) I never use a cover. I hear stories, but never in my 2 years, 2 kids of nursing did I ever get looks or comments. I kinda wish I would! Lol, I like confrontation. I'm waiting for the, aren't you gonna wean comments soon.

• jean_marie1987
    September 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    Bump
  • Corinnesingh
    September 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM

2 shirt method? Very curious, please tell! 

• Corinnesingh
    September 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I'm glad that u had a good experience, I haven't experienced it yet, due to the fact THAT I AM LOCKED UP IN THIS HOUSE! Dh insists that we shouldn't  be out of the house till he is at least a month or two. Boy I am going nuts.

looks like I'll be getting bashed!

• jean_marie1987
    September 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    I learned about it on here. Wear two shirts, that way one stays down covering your belly ad the other covers the top of your breast.
    Hope you get to escape soon!

Quoting Corinnesingh:

2 shirt method? Very curious, please tell! 

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN