Breastfeeding Moms

hisgirl616
Breast pumps
September 1, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I have never used a pump before. My insurance covers breast pumps and gives several options. I have been reading reviews online but it is a lot of information and I have no idea which of the pumps are better. My choices are Ameda Purely Yours, Hygeia Enjoye, Philips Avent Comfort Double Breast Pump, and Lansinoh Affinity Pro. If anyone has any information on these or any suggestions please let me know! Thanks.

Replies

• IrishIz
    by IrishIz
    September 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM
    Ameda or Hygeia...either one is fine.
  • Allebas
    by Allebas
    September 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I totally swear by the Avent pump!!!! I tried several different pumps and with the Avent I could pump way more milk in a very short period of time! I was pumping a total of 8 ounces in less than 20 minutes! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Avent!!! GOOD LUCK!!

• gdiamante
    September 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM

The Hygeia is one of the best out there. Also be aware, normal pump output is half an ounce to two ounces. Eight ounces is fabulous but should not be expected from ANY pump.

• hisgirl616
    September 8, 2013 at 11:42 PM
    Thanks! This is the one I ordered.

Quoting gdiamante:

The Hygeia is one of the best out there. Also be aware, normal pump output is half an ounce to two ounces. Eight ounces is fabulous but should not be expected from ANY pump.

• Journeysmama11
    September 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I got the Ameda Purely Yours from my insurance and I love it! I felt like it was easy to clean and really effective with getting the hind milk. It wasn't super loud and I could controll speed and suction for my comfort level! ...and the one the insurance gives you comes with a nice black bag and a mini cooler with ice packs and I think between 6-8 bottles to store/pump in!

• audmom1218
    September 9, 2013 at 6:40 AM
    I got the ameda from my insurance but you can be assured that if I had the choice I would have gone with hygeia!

Breastfeeding Moms