Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
needanswers2012
weight loss
July 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM

How did you do it?

UPDATE: I START INSANITY ON MONDAY!! I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW THE RESULTS AS SOON AS I SEE THEM.

Replies

• gdiamante
    July 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Didn't get to eat. Seriously. First six weeks, I hardly got to eat because I never had a hand free.

It all came back, though. Plus interest.

Better method: WEIGHT WATCHERS.

• needanswers2012
    July 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    I tried weight watchers when I was younger. It didn't work for me.

Quoting gdiamante:

Didn't get to eat. Seriously. First six weeks, I hardly got to eat because I never had a hand free.

It all came back, though. Plus interest.

Better method: WEIGHT WATCHERS.

• gdiamante
    July 25, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Remember nine months on nine months off; your profile doesn't indicate the age of your baby.

All you can do is eat healthy and exercise. That's it. There are no magic tricks. 

• MusherMaggie
    July 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    Cut carbohydrates, concentrate on protein, vegetables, and good fats--avocado and coconut oil ate great. Real butter and whole dairy products if you and your baby can tolerate them. Drinking lots of water helps, too--thirst is often mistaken for hunger. Take the baby and walk when you can.
  • needanswers2012
    July 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    She is four months today and I've gained weight instead of losing it.

Quoting gdiamante:

Remember nine months on nine months off; your profile doesn't indicate the age of your baby.

All you can do is eat healthy and exercise. That's it. There are no magic tricks. 

• gdiamante
    July 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Isn't it frustrating? Been there. While I lost all the weight, it all came back. With interest. Ugh.

Talk to your doc about a good eating and exercise plan.

Quoting needanswers2012:

She is four months today and I've gained weight instead of losing it.

Quoting gdiamante:

• Lizzys_mommy13
    July 25, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I am doing Insanity right now. That's how I am doing it! Hahaha!

• Chillisarah
    July 25, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Quoting Lizzys_mommy13:

I am doing Insanity right now. That's how I am doing it! Hahaha!

I want to do Insanity but I'm so intimidated by it lol.  Right now I'm doing a Jillian Michaels workout video.  It's intense and I lost 4 inches off my waist and about 5 lbs in a little over a month. I'm 9 months postpartum.

• myloveynK
    July 25, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I can't post the links here for some reason, but fitpregnancy.com has some good ideas if you just type it into the search bar they come up! Good luck! 

• stepconfused182
    July 25, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    Aim for 20 calories per kg of body weight. Don't cut particular food groups (ie low carb or low fat plans), go for balanced meals with overall decreased calories. Eat whole wheat breads and pastas, lean meats, low fat dairy, lots of fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of water. Dont ever drink your calories, it's a waste. Find a workout you like (at home videos, walking outside, going to the gym) and do it for 30 mins a day. I recommend trying weight watchers again. It works without fail if you follow the program and count the points right. It's am easier system for most instead of counting calories. Good luck!!

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts