Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
poeticrose09
breastfeeding and type one diabetes
July 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Does anyone know if my sugar is out of whack will it hurt my son at all? I can't seem to find any information on this part. I can't ask NY doc because I don't have one right now since I don't have) insurance which is why I'm asking.

Replies

• MusherMaggie
    July 14, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    It will affect you but not your baby. Do you have more trouble with highs or lows? Are you in good control most of the time?
  • poeticrose09
    July 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    I have my trouble with highs than anything especially since I'm stretching my insulin right now. While I had insurance I was in great control never any highs and a couple lows but good overall now I'm all over the place and unable to check as much because I now have a limited supply ad since I don't have a doctor most companies wont even give me samples ad its way to much out of pocket.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

It will affect you but not your baby. Do you have more trouble with highs or lows? Are you in good control most of the time?

• MusherMaggie
    July 14, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    How is your diet? I find I have much better control if I concentrate on good fats, protein and vegetables, and minimize the carbs. I also take cinnamon and chromium to help with BG levels.
  • gdiamante
    July 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Have you checked with your county clinic to see if they have any assistance for you?

• poeticrose09
    July 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    Its 100 dollars out of pocket and they don't have any one who specializes in diabetes I'm waiting to get their clinic. Just taking forever.

Quoting gdiamante:

Have you checked with your county clinic to see if they have any assistance for you?

• poeticrose09
    July 14, 2013 at 7:55 PM
    I have to watch my carbs closer than anything but its a ok diet for being on a strict budget. I skip up some days but I try hard not to

Quoting MusherMaggie:

How is your diet? I find I have much better control if I concentrate on good fats, protein and vegetables, and minimize the carbs. I also take cinnamon and chromium to help with BG levels.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts