Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
Andy15
coconut water...to increase supply?
by Andy15
July 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I am reading here and there on the internet about how coconut water helps with supply and what not... has anyone heard this? tried this? does anyone have any reliable links about this?

Replies

• Precious333
    July 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    Coconut water is great to help rehydrate, maybe thats why it increases supply?
  • Andy15
    by Andy15
    July 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM

You know that is what i was thinking... because of course the hyrdration is the key to supply... but i am also looking at vitamine benifits too

• polkaspots
    July 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    I have no idea, it is nature's Gatorade, so I would imagine it would help your supply a bit in cases of sickness, dehydration, or lack of sleep.
  • GoldenLinds
    July 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    The coconut is actually a huge symbol of fertility in the islands. They use it to help concieve, to help nouriah pregnancy and to help nursing mothers. There really iant a bad part of the coconut. The idea that it helpa boost supply is conpletely logical to me even if it is just because its so hydrating.
  • Andy15
    by Andy15
    July 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Do you have a link or refrence I can use to point my sailors and new mothers at? (im part of a nursing support group at my work)

Quoting GoldenLinds:

The coconut is actually a huge symbol of fertility in the islands. They use it to help concieve, to help nouriah pregnancy and to help nursing mothers. There really iant a bad part of the coconut. The idea that it helpa boost supply is conpletely logical to me even if it is just because its so hydrating.

• GoldenLinds
    July 2, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/The_Healing_Power_Of_Young_Coconuts.html
    While this isn't actually an article about fertility or nursing it is a good breakdown of the wonderful elemwnts of the coconut and particularly coconut water. Note it does not contain B6 which can dry up milk.
  • adrianna1043
    July 2, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    I drink a lot of coconut water and it really is very hydrating. As for helping with supply, I've never had a problem so I can't tell of there is a difference.
  • GoldenLinds
    July 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    Unfortunately I couldnt find a direct link to the lore in the islands where I learned about it but its been associated with fertility aroun the worls. From the water to the flesh. Its amazing. And of course coconutoil is gaining a reputation in many health circles. There are other articles that explain how the laurix acid is teansfered to the body in a way that it increases the stores that a nursing mothers body draws the fat from when producing milk. Its also a traditional first food for babies.
  • Andy15
    by Andy15
    July 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Thanks!!! I'll keep checking around too!

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Unfortunately I couldnt find a direct link to the lore in the islands where I learned about it but its been associated with fertility aroun the worls. From the water to the flesh. Its amazing. And of course coconutoil is gaining a reputation in many health circles. There are other articles that explain how the laurix acid is teansfered to the body in a way that it increases the stores that a nursing mothers body draws the fat from when producing milk. Its also a traditional first food for babies.

• MeliMiddle
    September 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM

i don't know about increasing supply, I've also heard such information but what I can say for sure is that coconut water is veery hydrating and contains many nutrients, read some facts about the ingredients in coconut water or this article about coconut water calories and nutrition information.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN