Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
Pepe22
what is your favorite nursing position?
by Pepe22
June 17, 2013 at 11:22 AM
what is your favorite nursing position or most often used? has it changed with your baby's age/size?

Replies

• isaacsmommy68
    June 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Laying in bed! Love the snuggle time.Don't like being kicked in the stomach though.

• MommyO2-6631
    June 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    We used to lay in bed but now he thinks he's an acrobat so we nurse however we can!
  • Zazayam
    by Zazayam
    June 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM

She changes it up pretty often. It's always been some form of laying in bed though... Love the snuggle time! :)

For quite a while we'd both lay on our sides and just snuggle up to nurse. Now though, she wants to stand beside me with her little butt all up in the air and lean over me to nurse, lol.

• twogirl91
    June 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Laying down! He tries to nurse upside down now, or standing up so his favorite is way different than mine! lol I had to use the football hold in the beginning because of my c-section but I've never preferred it.

• WildPowerMom
    June 17, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I forget with my first born.

With this one we loved laying down in bed together.  It was great because I could prop something up on the bed and entertain myself as he dozed off.

Now that he's close to a year he lays on top of me so he can go back and forth.  We joke that one is Vanilla flavored milk and one is Chocolate.  So he rotates. :)

• aehanrahan
    June 17, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    Laying back in bed with him cuddled next to me. It has evolved and gotten easier as he has grown.
  • amc103
    by amc103
    June 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM

THis, exactly!!! :-)

Quoting isaacsmommy68:

Laying in bed! Love the snuggle time.Don't like being kicked in the stomach though.

• amc103
    by amc103
    June 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Do you hold him in the crook of your arm, kind of thing? YOu know what I mean? If so, I tried that with Nathan when he was like 2 months and I LOVED it but him not so much....I had forgotten about it-I should try it again now that he's older!!! thanks!!!

Quoting aehanrahan:

Laying back in bed with him cuddled next to me. It has evolved and gotten easier as he has grown.

• aehanrahan
    June 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM
    Yes, exactly! We started with that position in the hospital after the C-section to keep him off of the incision and I could relax so I could sleep while he nursed constantly.

Quoting amc103:

Do you hold him in the crook of your arm, kind of thing? YOu know what I mean? If so, I tried that with Nathan when he was like 2 months and I LOVED it but him not so much....I had forgotten about it-I should try it again now that he's older!!! thanks!!!

Quoting aehanrahan:

• amc103
    by amc103
    June 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Its SUCH a good one!!!!! I should have tried it in the hospital for the same reason!

Quoting aehanrahan:

Yes, exactly! We started with that position in the hospital after the C-section to keep him off of the incision and I could relax so I could sleep while he nursed constantly.

Quoting amc103:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN