Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
Maddies_Mommy10
I feel like I'm failing at Breastfeeding....Help
June 15, 2013 at 6:27 PM

My son will be 2 months this Thursday.... I've been doing my best to strictly breastfeed. Sometimes though I have to leave him, and I try pumping and I just can seem to get enough. I'm only pumping like 3oz a session. When I'm actually just feeding him he seems to eat enough, so why can't I pump enough. It's hard on me because I have to work so pumping is a must I think, and it seems like I cant hardly get any out of the left boob as I do the right. I drink lots of water, I've been eating much healthier. What is wrong. I feel stressed out, sad, I just want to cry I'm so frustrated, and the idea of quitting or giving him formula just makes me feel horrible and guilty. I really want to stick with the breastfeeding.. I'm feeling so discouraged

Replies

• Zazayam
    by Zazayam
    June 15, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I can't pump at all, so I'm not really sure. But I think 2oz is a normal pump output so you're doing fine... Just try to pump more often I guess? You pump at work, right?

• Maddies_Mommy10
    June 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Yeah at work, when I'm home I usually just try to strictly feed him myself no bottle or pump.

Quoting Zazayam:

I can't pump at all, so I'm not really sure. But I think 2oz is a normal pump output so you're doing fine... Just try to pump more often I guess? You pump at work, right?

• Analugojana
    June 15, 2013 at 6:33 PM

How long are you gone, how often do you pump and how much milk does thebaby get while you are gone?

• Brandy85412
    June 15, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    3ozs is good. it's normal. Just need to get a good supply stashed up. Do you pump every day?
  • Brandy85412
    June 15, 2013 at 6:35 PM
    your not failing!
  • Maddies_Mommy10
    June 15, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I only work part time so like 6 hours, I try to pump every two hours, but no more than every three, and he eats about 4oz, every two hours, but sometimes more.

Quoting Analugojana:

How long are you gone, how often do you pump and how much milk does thebaby get while you are gone?

• Zazayam
    by Zazayam
    June 15, 2013 at 6:36 PM

You might have to add a pump session or two while you're home. You could probably nurse one side and pump the other..

Quoting Maddies_Mommy10:

Yeah at work, when I'm home I usually just try to strictly feed him myself no bottle or pump.

Quoting Zazayam:

• MamaCeleste0722
    June 15, 2013 at 6:37 PM

3 oz is not an only. Average output is 1/2 to 2 oz! Pump output is not a reflection of supply because baby is MUCH more efficient than a machine. You're doing MUCH better than you think you are! Just make sure that bottles aren't too big (you want about 1.25 oz per hour of separation) 

• Maddies_Mommy10
    June 15, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Yes, unless I'm off, but I guess I should pump then too so I can start a stash. My friend pumps like 6oz every time, and I'm like I can do like three, she made it seem like it wasn't normal, but if it is that's a little more comforting.

Quoting Brandy85412:

3ozs is good. it's normal. Just need to get a good supply stashed up. Do you pump every day?

• Maddies_Mommy10
    June 15, 2013 at 6:39 PM

That's actually a good idea.

Quoting Zazayam:

You might have to add a pump session or two while you're home. You could probably nurse one side and pump the other..

Quoting Maddies_Mommy10:

Quoting Zazayam:

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN