Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
mamabear1111
fussy eater
June 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM
My 4 month old is getting over her 1st virus, she had a fever and wasn't really eating but had no other symptoms, and then yesterday her fever broke. Then last night she started biting my nipple and getting super fussy arching her back, crying to eat but then crying while she's on the boob! Idk what to do!! Any help or words of encouragement would help cause at this point I'm getting frustrated and the lack of sleep is not helping!

Replies

• gdiamante
    June 13, 2013 at 12:39 AM

She might have started teething; any drool or gnawing of hands? Teething remedies can help. (Fever can be a teething symptom, too.)

• mamabear1111
    June 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    She has drooled quiet a bit since birth and has always been sucked her fingers but not chewing on anything.

Quoting gdiamante:

She might have started teething; any drool or gnawing of hands? Teething remedies can help. (Fever can be a teething symptom, too.)

• Mom2Just1
    June 13, 2013 at 12:53 AM
    Sounds like teething. My son did this at the beginning if teething.
  • stepconfused182
    June 13, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    How high was her fever? She could have a sore throat or ear infection. Of course teething is always a possibility at that age. If her behavior persists, Id have someone take a quick look at her throat and ears.
  • mamabear1111
    June 13, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    It stayed between 101.0-101.9 for 3 days then day 4 it hit 102.3 she saw her pedi who said her liver was slightly enlarged and if the fever continued she'd want a full work up. But the fever is gone and she still just seems so fussy when its feeding time.

Quoting stepconfused182:

How high was her fever? She could have a sore throat or ear infection. Of course teething is always a possibility at that age. If her behavior persists, Id have someone take a quick look at her throat and ears.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN