Breastfeeding Moms

CrazeeCat007
This might be a silly question...?
May 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM
So my mom and I have been joking about making breast milk ice cream... And I'm wondering if its possible? It would probably be too thick for my 5mo to eat but I'm curious if any moms have tried to make it? I think breast milk might be too thin to make it thick like ice cream. But also if I were to make it some day, when do you think would be an appropriate age for feeding my DS breast milk ice cream?

Replies

• SewingMamaLele
    May 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    You'd have to pump a LOT to get enough cream to make ice cream... But, moms have made yogurt!
  • polkaspots
    May 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    http://dessert-recipes.wonderhowto.com/how-to/make-homemade-breast-milk-ice-cream-the-easiest-recipe-0125510/
  • CrazeeCat007
    May 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    Yogurt is a good idea! Would you say after 6mos yogurt should be an okay to feed babies?

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

You'd have to pump a LOT to get enough cream to make ice cream... But, moms have made yogurt!

• CrazeeCat007
    May 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM
    Thanks!!!

Quoting polkaspots:

http://dessert-recipes.wonderhowto.com/how-to/make-homemade-breast-milk-ice-cream-the-easiest-recipe-0125510/

• Kayla-Kay2
    May 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    In France they hav breast milk ice cream I put my extra milk in cookies an sometimes my coffee my 2 yo son loves breast milk though I pump and put it in a cup for him lol
  • mostlymaydays
    May 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM
    Wasn't there a news story in the past year about a store selling breastmilk icecream?
  • smorgan865
    May 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    I think there was something about Ben and Jerry's making breast milk ice cream. I'd have to Google it.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Wasn't there a news story in the past year about a store selling breastmilk icecream?

• mostlymaydays
    May 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    I thought there was a US story. All that pops up is the one in London, brand "Baby Gaga", which got sued by Lady Gaga.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Breastfeeding Moms