Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
mama-smurf
I threw it away!!! UPDATE
March 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Updare: it was hell giving up the paci but guess what..., shes actually eating much more and has stopped rejecting me!!!

I cut up Autumns pacifier and threw it away. Shes starting to want the pacifier and not eat. Last time she ate for very long time was 7:30am. At 10:30 she ate but wasn long. Just 10 or so minutes. Its 12:30 and she won't eat. How long til she decides to eat and realize shes not getting the paci? Shes a wreck, screaming and crying for it.

Replies

• Zazayam
    by Zazayam
    March 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM

How old is she?

• mama-smurf
    March 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    6 weeks 5 days

Quoting Zazayam:

How old is she?

• Cruz-s-mommy
    March 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    Kudos on throwin out the paci... she will get over it, dont worry. Outstubbborn her and 10 mins of feeding is plenty and going 2-3 hours between feeds is normal. She wont let herself go hungry. Hang in there mama!
  • SadieJames
    March 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Oh mama it's growth spurt time too.  You can offer her the tip of your pinky, nail down at her tongue to calm her down then try nursing- it might help.

• Kathy489
    March 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Start keeping a log of when she eats, which breast, how long on each side, etc. I had to do that to keep track of my son's weight. Maybe you will start to notice a pattern, and it will give you a good reference if and when you go to the doctor.

• mama-smurf
    March 16, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    Its heartbreaking with her squealing I keep offering her breast so hopefully she will give in. My bfs pissed I threw it away. I told him idc, she needs to eat. It will get worse. Im forcing her eat last couple days because shes gotten addicted to the paci.

I gave her fingertip shes got a powerful im hungry suck

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Kudos on throwin out the paci... she will get over it, dont worry. Outstubbborn her and 10 mins of feeding is plenty and going 2-3 hours between feeds is normal. She wont let herself go hungry. Hang in there mama!

• gdiamante
    March 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Express a little milk on the nipple before you offer it to her. 

• mama-smurf
    March 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    I tried but she knows the difference she started crying. She pushed it away and turned her head. I feel like im horrible but he pacis causing problems.

She finally cried herself to sleep

Quoting SadieJames:

Oh mama it's growth spurt time too.  You can offer her the tip of your pinky, nail down at her tongue to calm her down then try nursing- it might help.

• gdiamante
    March 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM

It's OK. Mind the DIAPERS more than her behavior. 

And google "high needs baby." Sounding like you have one here.

• mama-smurf
    March 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    I tried. She still refused. I made sure I expressed a lot too.

Quoting gdiamante:

Express a little milk on the nipple before you offer it to her. 

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts