Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
MyahsMom
Nursing Pads
March 15, 2013 at 8:21 PM
I was wondering, do you use nursing pads for as long as your nursing/pumping or do most people stop once their supply regulates?? I have been pumping for 10 months now and have worn pads the entire time. I kind of assumed that that's what you're supposed to do for as long as your nursing or pumping. But these things haven't had a drop on them for over 6 months at least!!! So it made me wonder, are they really necessary? I hadn't really put much thought into it until now. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• Zazayam
    by Zazayam
    March 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I stopped wearing them once I stopped being a constant fountain. I do keep some in the diaper bag just in case though.

• gdiamante
    March 15, 2013 at 8:24 PM

If you've stopped leaking, by all means, stop using them. No need for them now.

• isaacsmommy68
    March 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM
    I stopped using them at about 5 months.
  • Cruz-s-mommy
    March 15, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    Yep what they said, I stopped. using them at 9 months pp when I finally stopped saturating them! I havent used the since and DS is 19 months and still going! :-)

• SadieJames
    March 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I can't wait to dump them! As soon as I can stay dry for a week they are GONE sucker!

• jackiewal10
    March 15, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I only wear them until I stop leaking randomly.  :)  But I often still wear them at night because of my arms pressing against my boobs or because of positions I sleep in... tends to express a little milk out.

• 4Seasons-89
    March 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM
    I stopped using them when I stopped leaking but will have to start using them again in the morning for a week or so until my body realizes that my son has started to sleep threw the night. If there is no leaking I see no point. Plus they're expensive so the less I use them the better lol
  • MyahsMom
    March 15, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    Well, I'm gonna ditch them then! I hate them! It was feeling like such a waste and quite frankly, a bit of a nuisance! I will be glad to put these things to rest. I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me until now and I'm on my third baby!!! I just always thought I needed them. Thanks for the opinions ladies!
  • Baby_Avas_Momma
    March 15, 2013 at 11:26 PM
    Nursing pads got tossed as soon as the leaking stopped which was around 4ish months I believe. :)
  • littlecheifsmom
    March 16, 2013 at 12:55 AM

yep once the leaking stopped they got ditched. i do keep a few pairs in the diaper bag and one in my purse when im at wk. just in case.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts