Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
SewingMamaLele
I offended a mom today at LLL
March 13, 2013 at 4:28 PM

She had a 21 mo old and was asking about the safety of taking fenugreek and blessed thistle long-term.   I just said that I think she needs to ask herself if, at 21 months, it's still working for her, or if having a lower supply is OK since he's eating other foods, etc...

Apparently, she took major offence and told our leader she's never coming back and she thought she would be supported here and whatever.   

I feel bad she took offence, but she clearly took what I was trying to say wrong.   I guess I need to remember that some people are really touchy. 

Replies

• mckinneymom918
    March 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    I agree with you! I think any time we "think" we have a low supply we have to step back and ask ourselves those questions.
  • Cruz-s-mommy
    March 13, 2013 at 4:33 PM
    Agreed, definitely seems like she overreacted. :-(

Quoting mckinneymom918:

I agree with you! I think any time we "think" we have a low supply we have to step back and ask ourselves those questions.

• Eliots_momma
    March 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    What an odd way to react. I don't understand some ppl.
  • SadieJames
    March 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM

That's a very strong reaction.  Maybe she was having a bad day?

• Baby_Avas_Momma
    March 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    That's a bit strange....
    Did she say how she was determining "low supply" at 21 months?
  • EslingerCrew11
    March 13, 2013 at 4:41 PM
    At 21mths, chances are shes not getting much support from those in her daily life & felt she'd get absolute support at lll, so for you to question her about it probably just hit home too closely.
  • bloomsr
    by bloomsr
    March 13, 2013 at 4:41 PM
    It's hard to accept that baby may be nursing less and growing older. Sounds like she is struggling with having her baby grow up. Baby lead weaning means following babies lead in nursing- and in not nursing.
  • SewingMamaLele
    March 13, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

That's a bit strange....
    Did she say how she was determining "low supply" at 21 months?

She said she started taking it when she had a absess that was drained and supply tanked in that breast... and when she's tried to stop, her son would want to nurse all the time waiting for more letdowns.  

• SewingMamaLele
    March 13, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

At 21mths, chances are shes not getting much support from those in her daily life & felt she'd get absolute support at lll, so for you to question her about it probably just hit home too closely.

Yea, I figured afterward that maybe she's hearing "it" from everyone around her and just done... and I really wasn't "questioning" her, though... more just trying to say that whatever she feels secure about is the way to go.   Self-reflection, and all that.  

• mz23
    by mz23
    March 13, 2013 at 4:52 PM

maybe  she was period.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email