Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
Giselle1992
help i dont have any breast milk
February 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I had my baby two weeks ago...and i dont have any breast milk...like for two days straight ive tried to breast feed my son but i dont have any milk..ive tried breast pumping and nothing comes out...i dont understand why

Replies

• Tylersmom119
    February 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM
    Not everyone responds to the pump so let's hear about your baby first. How well is baby nursing? How many wet diapers a day? The ladies in here are wonderful, and with a little more info I'm sure they can help you :)
  • preacherskid
    February 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Weight history?  Diaper counts?  Why do you think there is no milk?  What is baby getting right now- are you nursing on demand, supplementing with formula, donor milk?

• gdiamante
    February 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM

What you pump means absolutely NOTHING... there are women who cannot pump one drop yet can nurse twins or triplets.

So, what HAS baby been eating for the past two weeks? GIve us the lowdown on the birth method (c-sec or vaginal), first feeding attempt, nursing management in the hospital, where you went to bottles if you did, dipe count at this stage (changes in 24 hours) and weight history... birth, lowest, current.

• Kaybean
    by Kaybean
    February 10, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    First of all, FORGET how much is coming out while pumping. It has nothing to do with your milk supply at all. How many wet diapers does he have?
  • larissalarie
    February 10, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    Pump output, how the breasts feel, baby acting starved...none of those necessarily indicate low supply or no supply.

Why do you think you have no milk?
  • proudmama11212
    February 10, 2013 at 10:12 PM
    What they say!
  • mamabens
    February 10, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Are you determining you have no milk by pumping?? Some people don't respond to the pump(me) but it doesn't mean the milk isn't there. Are you still nursing?  if you're worried because he's nursing constantly or fussing thats normal & has nothing to do with how much milk you have. Count diapers that's the only way to tell if you're making enough.(at least 6  diapers in 24 hrs, soaking wet counts as 2 & poopy counts as 2)

• gdiamante
    February 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Where are you? We want to help but we need to get more details from you! Right now it's sort of like you walking into the ER and saying, "I'm in pain" but not telling them anything else.

Hope you check back in soon!

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts