Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
mamala23
Thank you ladies
February 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Hi, I am ebf my 5 month old daughter (she has had some organic fruits and veggies- very little always after nursing, does that still count as ebf? ) this is my 3rd baby and I nurse all my kids until 12 months- no formula.

Anyway, I don't post much, but I read thru all the posts everyday and learn something new all the time from all of you ladies. I just want to express my appreciation for all of you moms helping others. I feel very blessed to be apart of this wonderful group. Thank you :)

Replies

• Junebaby18
    February 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    Bump
  • larissalarie
    February 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    Nope "exclusive" means...EXCLUSIVE! Once you offer solids (and if you've been here long, you know solids this early is a no-no :-) ) you are no longer "excluding" all other forms of feeding.
  • gdiamante
    February 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Exclusive breastfeeding means no other substances offered but breastmilk. Some define it as nothing but breastmilk at the breast, but most of us aren't that persnickety.

It is a few weeks early for solids...

• aehanrahan
    February 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    This.

Quoting larissalarie:

Nope "exclusive" means...EXCLUSIVE! Once you offer solids (and if you've been here long, you know solids this early is a no-no :-) ) you are no longer "excluding" all other forms of feeding.
  • melindabelcher
    mel
    February 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    Isn't it awesome the wealth of info and support in this group :)
    Way to go mama. Keep up the good work :)
    As already mentioned ebf is exclusively bm enters babys digestive system. You may want to consider backing off the solids. Check out baby led solids/weaning. Many moms find it to be an easier approach
  • tabi_cat1023
    February 9, 2013 at 8:47 PM

well its EBF plus solids I guess

• catholicmamamia
    February 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM

No.. "ebf" means baby is exclusively breast fed, no supplementation of formula, solids, etc. 

• catholicmamamia
    February 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Quoting gdiamante: It is a few weeks early for solids...

• mamala23
    February 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Would it b ok to stop solids on baby? She was only getting a small amount after nursing 1-2 times a day. She was opening her mouth wide...I gave no cereal even though the pedi suggested...

• GoldenLinds
    February 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    I didnt introduce solids until my son was almost 6 months but it was a bite here and there. He was interested but I was hesitant. Once I gave in it was on again off again for 2 months before he consistently wanted them. I think if you stop it'll be fine. I also think its not the end of the world if you don't stop. I didnt give my son grains or meat until 10 months and I felt happy with that decision. Jusst fruits and veggies. Its your baby and your call!!

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN