Breastfeeding Moms

mamala23
Thank you ladies
February 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Hi, I am ebf my 5 month old daughter (she has had some organic fruits and veggies- very little always after nursing, does that still count as ebf? ) this is my 3rd baby and I nurse all my kids until 12 months- no formula.

Anyway, I don't post much, but I read thru all the posts everyday and learn something new all the time from all of you ladies. I just want to express my appreciation for all of you moms helping others. I feel very blessed to be apart of this wonderful group. Thank you :)

Replies

• Junebaby18
    February 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    Bump
  • larissalarie
    February 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    Nope "exclusive" means...EXCLUSIVE! Once you offer solids (and if you've been here long, you know solids this early is a no-no :-) ) you are no longer "excluding" all other forms of feeding.
  • gdiamante
    February 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Exclusive breastfeeding means no other substances offered but breastmilk. Some define it as nothing but breastmilk at the breast, but most of us aren't that persnickety.

It is a few weeks early for solids...

• aehanrahan
    February 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    This.

Quoting larissalarie:

Nope "exclusive" means...EXCLUSIVE! Once you offer solids (and if you've been here long, you know solids this early is a no-no :-) ) you are no longer "excluding" all other forms of feeding.
  • melindabelcher
    mel
    February 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    Isn't it awesome the wealth of info and support in this group :)
    Way to go mama. Keep up the good work :)
    As already mentioned ebf is exclusively bm enters babys digestive system. You may want to consider backing off the solids. Check out baby led solids/weaning. Many moms find it to be an easier approach
  • tabi_cat1023
    February 9, 2013 at 8:47 PM

well its EBF plus solids I guess

• catholicmamamia
    February 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM

No.. "ebf" means baby is exclusively breast fed, no supplementation of formula, solids, etc. 

• catholicmamamia
    February 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Quoting gdiamante: It is a few weeks early for solids...

• mamala23
    February 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Would it b ok to stop solids on baby? She was only getting a small amount after nursing 1-2 times a day. She was opening her mouth wide...I gave no cereal even though the pedi suggested...

• GoldenLinds
    February 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    I didnt introduce solids until my son was almost 6 months but it was a bite here and there. He was interested but I was hesitant. Once I gave in it was on again off again for 2 months before he consistently wanted them. I think if you stop it'll be fine. I also think its not the end of the world if you don't stop. I didnt give my son grains or meat until 10 months and I felt happy with that decision. Jusst fruits and veggies. Its your baby and your call!!

Breastfeeding Moms