Breastfeeding Moms

MumB
Needs quick advice!!...BAD Diaper rash!!
by MumB
February 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Ok so my son must have popped before I layed him down for bed without me knowing and woke up this morning with the WORST diaper rash!!...this is two nights in a row this has happened now and I can't even wipe him without him screaming to top of his lungs:( any advice would help as none of the creams ever work for him and it takes him about 2 weeks for it to clear up:(...any remedies that have worked FAST for you?? Thx so much!!

Replies

• skylarkdancer
    February 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    Use a washcloth to clean him, or rinse in the sink. Coconut oil is great for diaper rashes. Also, burts bees multipurpose ointment is good for treating and preventing rashes. Hope this helps you!
  • XMaybebabyX
    February 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    Warm soft cloths for diaper changes. I you must use a wipe, run it under warm water first. Lost of naked time. Put a towel under him. Poor guy.
  • lillybug222
    February 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    If it's a yeast infection (yeast is in poop), you can use over the counter yeast infection cream that will help almost immediately!

I once took my dd to the doctor because she had a terrible rash. The doctor prescribed medicine that worked much faster.

Of course, leave his diaper off as much as possible & only use water when you wipe....wipes can cause irritation.
  • shortyali
    February 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM
    Try some of your bm on it.
  • agrisham13mom
    February 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM
    Let him be naked as much as you can. Get the gold a&d and the purple desitin put them both on at the sometime kind of mixing the two it works wonders! Rinse him off in warm water or use a warm wash cloth to clean him for diaper changes. Is his butt just red or is there red little bumps? If there is a lot of red bumps he has a yeast infection diaper rash use lotramin twice a day and then the desitin and a&d all the other times. Good luck I hope it gets better soon!
  • MumB
    by MumB
    February 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    Ok I will try these things...how about anything other than cream?...someone told me about corn starch?...do u know if that helps? Thx again!!!
  • preacherskid
    February 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM

If you have a food processor or blender you can make oatmeal powder, I know a lady who has used that on all four of her kids, she makes the powder then mixes it into a paste with water as needed.  I would leave him diaperless until the rash starts to clear up some tbh.  Last time ydd had a severe rash that was the only thing that really helped at home- at daycare I had them do A&D at every change.  Later we switched to cloth at daycare as well as home and have had fewer issues- she's got sensitive skin and the disposable diapers would irritate it pretty often.

• K8wizzo
    by K8wizzo
    February 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Liquid maalox applied topically.  Rub it on and let it dry a bit and then cover with desitin rapid relief cream.  If you use cloth diapers, the maalox is safe on it's own but you'll need to put a scrap of fabric over the desitin to protect your dipes.

• K8wizzo
    by K8wizzo
    February 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM

By the way, disposable wipes BURN on open skin, which is part of the reason why he's screaming.  You can use warm wet washcloths or cut up some old shirts and wet them with warm water to use as wipes.

• mich.el.le
    February 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Use warm, wet wash clothes or rinse his bum in the sink or shower. 2 times a day do lotrimin with Boudreaux's (sp?) extra strength over the top, then the rest of the time coconut oil mixed with tea tree oil, if you have it otherwise just the boudreaux's.

Breastfeeding Moms