Breastfeeding Moms

NicLof2
For mom bfing lo's 1yr an older
by NicLof2
February 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Do any of you feel like your lo is still nursing all day? I swear my lo spend most of the day on my boob. I love bfing him and I know until 2 bm is best but should he be nursing this much? I've tried to redirect one feeding a day to give me a little break but he pitches a fit and I feel bad so I give in. I know it's probably a phase. Just feeling over whelmed today and want to know I'm not alone.

Replies

• MissSarah04
    February 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM
    My daughter goes through phases. Toddlers go through so much emotional development that it is common for them to be busy and distracted and barely nurse one day then start nursing like a newborn the next.

Also she nurses way more at home than when we are out and about. She is almost 12.5 months by the way.
  • becky1109
    February 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM

not alone mama!!!!you rockmy ds is 13 months!

• MaryJarrett
    February 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    They still need it a lot at a year. Closer to 2 it slows down. :) mine nursed the majority of their first 2 year. You aren't alone! You're doing great!! :D
  • mamabens
    February 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Yep & it will pass. I noticed right around 13-16 months was like growth spurt behavior then it settled down a little.

• gumbeme06
    February 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM

when dd was still nursing she was attached to me ALL the time even after one. I would try to redirect her when I know she didn't NEED to nurse but it's so hard especially when they become verbal and able to life your shirt haha. you're not alone...

• TTC2Long
    February 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    Oh yes. It waxes and wanes, but there were definitely times when I felt like he nursed as often as a nb after a year. You can try to redirect, but I found that he wanted it more when he needed it for some reason - sick, tired, teething, managing big feelings, etc.
  • KylersMom8-16-7
    February 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    My almost 17 month old nurses 12 times a day and has since day 1:-)
  • MollyJmommy
    February 4, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    My dd is 19 months on the 21st and she goes through different spurts some days she's always nursing some days she nurses 3 times but I just try food before nursing and count diapers lol
  • mitty18
    by mitty18
    February 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    We're going on 17 months and she nurses every three hr during the day but at night its a constant thing every hr on the hr
  • ria7
    by ria7
    February 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    I have a 13 month old who seems to be nursing more lately. She was down to 3 times/day. At night she wakes up and points at the rocking chair. U ladies are depressing me. I thought it was going to get better but she's seems to start liking it more these days!!

Breastfeeding Moms