Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
Starshine-bela
first time out without baby
February 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I was pretty much kicked out tonight to see a friend. Had a great time. Baby got hungry while I was gone. I nursed him before I left but he got hungry again. He refused the bottle despite being hungry. He cried and slept while I was gone and it was only 2 hours. He's taken bottles in the past, just not all the time. I came home to a crying and very hungry baby. He's 2 months old. I hope to go back to work soon, I have an interview this thursday. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice how to prevent a very hungry baby again, to get him to eat while I'm not home. For now, I'll only be working weekends but I need to go back full time eventually. I'm just worried. He nursed for an hour and a half when I got home.

Replies

• whoopsie16
    February 1, 2013 at 10:55 PM
    try a bottle with a faster flow maybe?
    bump!
  • sleepymommy87
    February 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    Mine reversed cycled. It's very normal, some babies just won't take bottles no matter what. As long as baby makes up for it at night, not taking a bottle while you're gone is not a problem. Lots of moms go through this. Good luck!
  • Starshine-bela
    February 1, 2013 at 10:57 PM
    Well, we tried a new bottle tonight, so that might be it also. I just want to be able to work without worrying about a hungry baby.
  • piwife
    by piwife
    February 1, 2013 at 10:57 PM
    Actually is best to have a slow flow bottle. . Yeah my baby is 9 mts and I started to work 3 wks ago and she still having a hard time :(

Quoting whoopsie16:

bump!

• piwife
    by piwife
    February 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM
    My daughter doesn't take a bottle at all either. She reverse cycle

Quoting Starshine-bela:

Well, we tried a new bottle tonight, so that might be it also. I just want to be able to work without worrying about a hungry baby.

• Starshine-bela
    February 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    I'm thinking that might be what he does. Just worried about how he'll be after I'm away for a longer time period

Quoting sleepymommy87:

Mine reversed cycled. It's very normal, some babies just won't take bottles no matter what. As long as baby makes up for it at night, not taking a bottle while you're gone is not a problem. Lots of moms go through this. Good luck!
  • Starshine-bela
    February 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM
    Poor little girl. Hope it gets easier for her soon.

Quoting piwife:

Actually is best to have a slow flow bottle. . Yeah my baby is 9 mts and I started to work 3 wks ago and she still having a hard time :(

Quoting whoopsie16:

bump!

• sleepymommy87
    February 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
    He won't starve himself i promise. If he gets hungry enough, he'll drink milk from anything even a funnel lol. Trust me. It'll be hard, it was for me when I had to leave for school, but dd adapted. She hated bottles, only took them in the beginning when she got really hungry but hasn't had a bottle since 4 months old. She just turned 1 andI've been gone 15-20 hours a week since the summer. It'll be fine, I know it's stressful but just keep in mind that he will be just fine. :)

Quoting Starshine-bela:

I'm thinking that might be what he does. Just worried about how he'll be after I'm away for a longer time period

Quoting sleepymommy87:

• Starshine-bela
    February 1, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    Nursing is still so new to me. My first DS was ff, so it was easy to go back to work. BF is a whole new world to me and operates so differently. I believe you when you say it'll be fine, this is all just a huge adjustment for me.

Quoting sleepymommy87:

He won't starve himself i promise. If he gets hungry enough, he'll drink milk from anything even a funnel lol. Trust me. It'll be hard, it was for me when I had to leave for school, but dd adapted. She hated bottles, only took them in the beginning when she got really hungry but hasn't had a bottle since 4 months old. She just turned 1 andI've been gone 15-20 hours a week since the summer. It'll be fine, I know it's stressful but just keep in mind that he will be just fine. :)

Quoting Starshine-bela:

Quoting sleepymommy87:

• gdiamante
    February 2, 2013 at 12:28 AM

It was much more likely a "mom is gone and who IS this weird person" problem than a hunger problem. Who'd you leave baby with?

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN