Breastfeeding Moms

SewingMamaLele
Similac "feeding experts"...
February 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Anyone else see that banner?    They claim to have nurses and LC's on call for new moms... who wants to call and "test" their info??   :)

Oh, gads... the info just on the site is awful!

http://similac.com/feeding-nutrition/breast-feeding/feeding-your-baby

Replies

• tabi_cat1023
    February 1, 2013 at 3:59 PM

YEP they piss me off, they told me to supplement because my baby was fussy and to use a formula with added rice starch because its most likely reflux

• SewingMamaLele
    February 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

YEP they piss me off, they told me to supplement because my baby was fussy and to use a formula with added rice starch because its most likely reflux

Haha!  You called?   Was that the "third party" LC or the nurse?

• Baby_Avas_Momma
    February 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    Omg the supplementing page makes me SOOOOO mad!! That's not supplementing! That's "this is how you end up fully formula feeding". Grr....
  • tabi_cat1023
    February 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM

They asked if I was BFin, FFing, or combo and I told them BFing only...she said she as a LC..but look at who pays her bills kwim

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Haha!  You called?   Was that the "third party" LC or the nurse?

• aehanrahan
    February 1, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I HATE how they say that they're supportive of breastfeeding, then give horrible advice so the moms will end up using formula.

• mamabens
    February 1, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Common sense tells me if it's funded by a formula company it's not going to be accurate for successfully breastfeeding. It pisses me off that there are many out there who think it is accurate.

Breastfeeding Moms