Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
SewingMamaLele
Similac "feeding experts"...
February 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Anyone else see that banner?    They claim to have nurses and LC's on call for new moms... who wants to call and "test" their info??   :)

Oh, gads... the info just on the site is awful!

http://similac.com/feeding-nutrition/breast-feeding/feeding-your-baby

Replies

• tabi_cat1023
    February 1, 2013 at 3:59 PM

YEP they piss me off, they told me to supplement because my baby was fussy and to use a formula with added rice starch because its most likely reflux

• SewingMamaLele
    February 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

YEP they piss me off, they told me to supplement because my baby was fussy and to use a formula with added rice starch because its most likely reflux

Haha!  You called?   Was that the "third party" LC or the nurse?

• Baby_Avas_Momma
    February 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    Omg the supplementing page makes me SOOOOO mad!! That's not supplementing! That's "this is how you end up fully formula feeding". Grr....
  • tabi_cat1023
    February 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM

They asked if I was BFin, FFing, or combo and I told them BFing only...she said she as a LC..but look at who pays her bills kwim

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Haha!  You called?   Was that the "third party" LC or the nurse?

• aehanrahan
    February 1, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I HATE how they say that they're supportive of breastfeeding, then give horrible advice so the moms will end up using formula.

• mamabens
    February 1, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Common sense tells me if it's funded by a formula company it's not going to be accurate for successfully breastfeeding. It pisses me off that there are many out there who think it is accurate.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts