Featured Posts
staciandababy
Breastfed baby not taking bottle
January 31, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Not from me, not from SO, not from sister

Not from different nipples, breastmilk is warm, breastmilk is cold

Tried infant dropper didn't take to that either

ANY other ideas?

I just wanted a glass of wine tonight, and she's drank from a bottle before. Looks like she's missing a feeding. So frustrating. I'm fine to feed her now, but what if I wasn't? Grr.

Replies

• justone_jen
    Jen
    January 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    Leave the house. :) Mine won't take a bottle unless I'm gone.

You can feed after a single glass of wine. If you're good to drive, you're good to nurse.
  • gdiamante

You can have a glass of wine and nurse. But if you're in the room or even the house, expect that bottle to be refused.

• maggiemom2000

You don't need to miss a feeding r give a bottle fr a glass of wine! Have your wine and nurse as usual. Relax and enjoy!

• Baby_Avas_Momma
    January 31, 2013 at 11:25 PM
    One glass of wine? No reason for not nursing for just a glass of wine mama.
    But anyways, bottles are never needed. Small open cups, medicine dropper/syringe, sippy cup with or without the inside valve removed are all different ways to feed baby.
    For future wine purposes, safe to drive= safe to nurse. :)
  • staciandababy
    January 31, 2013 at 11:31 PM

OK I just put her to breast then switched for bottle. she mistakenly drank some. So i know she can drink it. BOOGER!!!!

It was two glasses.

• MusherMaggie
    January 31, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    No need to skip for one glass of wine--go ahead and nurse!
  • MusherMaggie
    January 31, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    Safe to drive, safe to nurse!
  • staciandababy
    February 1, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I would not have driven after one glass of wine, I have not consumed alcohol in nearly a year- the tolerance is NOT there. We are still breastfeeding on demand and in less than 2 hour periods at all times. And I would like to be able to have a babysitter at some point- something I never did with my first. But with TWO kids- mama would LOVE a break at some point.

The bottle may have been the problem. Does anyone know if #10 plastic is safe to run under hot water? It did smell a bit plastic-y to me when I opened it and sniffed.

• gdiamante
    February 1, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I couldn't even do HALF a glass of wine after pregnancy. No idea on the plastic but I think you might be on to something. Funny smells can turn them off.

• mylovey
    by mylovey
    February 1, 2013 at 2:13 AM

I have no advice. Fin is the same way, lol. They say if you are OK to drive, you can breastfeed. :) 

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts