Featured Posts
staciandababy
Breastfed baby not taking bottle
January 31, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Not from me, not from SO, not from sister

Not from different nipples, breastmilk is warm, breastmilk is cold

Tried infant dropper didn't take to that either

ANY other ideas?

I just wanted a glass of wine tonight, and she's drank from a bottle before. Looks like she's missing a feeding. So frustrating. I'm fine to feed her now, but what if I wasn't? Grr.

Replies

• justone_jen
    Jen
    January 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    Leave the house. :) Mine won't take a bottle unless I'm gone.

You can feed after a single glass of wine. If you're good to drive, you're good to nurse.
  • gdiamante

You can have a glass of wine and nurse. But if you're in the room or even the house, expect that bottle to be refused.

• maggiemom2000

You don't need to miss a feeding r give a bottle fr a glass of wine! Have your wine and nurse as usual. Relax and enjoy!

• Baby_Avas_Momma
    January 31, 2013 at 11:25 PM
    One glass of wine? No reason for not nursing for just a glass of wine mama.
    But anyways, bottles are never needed. Small open cups, medicine dropper/syringe, sippy cup with or without the inside valve removed are all different ways to feed baby.
    For future wine purposes, safe to drive= safe to nurse. :)
  • staciandababy
    January 31, 2013 at 11:31 PM

OK I just put her to breast then switched for bottle. she mistakenly drank some. So i know she can drink it. BOOGER!!!!

It was two glasses.

• MusherMaggie
    January 31, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    No need to skip for one glass of wine--go ahead and nurse!
  • MusherMaggie
    January 31, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    Safe to drive, safe to nurse!
  • staciandababy
    February 1, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I would not have driven after one glass of wine, I have not consumed alcohol in nearly a year- the tolerance is NOT there. We are still breastfeeding on demand and in less than 2 hour periods at all times. And I would like to be able to have a babysitter at some point- something I never did with my first. But with TWO kids- mama would LOVE a break at some point.

The bottle may have been the problem. Does anyone know if #10 plastic is safe to run under hot water? It did smell a bit plastic-y to me when I opened it and sniffed.

• gdiamante
    February 1, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I couldn't even do HALF a glass of wine after pregnancy. No idea on the plastic but I think you might be on to something. Funny smells can turn them off.

• mylovey
    by mylovey
    February 1, 2013 at 2:13 AM

I have no advice. Fin is the same way, lol. They say if you are OK to drive, you can breastfeed. :) 

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN