Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
LRay121
KELP for Thyroid while BFing????
by LRay121
January 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I have a tricky thyroid. I have textbook classic symptoms and every female from my great grandmother down to me has some kind of thyroid issue. All blood work comes up "borderline" but nothing is done. I will see an endocrinologist soon but in the mean time can I take Kelp?

I have read that it can help with many things and more specifically the thyroid. The bottle I bought just says "ask your dr". The brand I bought is from the health food store and is as natural as you can buy. I can wait and call on Monday but I was just wondering if anyone had any input on its safety while breastfeeding. Thanks!

Replies

• Precious333
    January 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    I saw an herbalist when i was nursing and suspecting a thyroid issue. He have me iodine among other things, the kelp has iodine which is suppose to help from what i have read.
  • Precious333
    January 26, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    Yes, its safe btw. Also if you like those seaweedsnacks, those are good too.
  • gdiamante
    January 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Or sushi rolls! Now I'm wanting a spicy tuna handroll....

Quoting Precious333:

• Fields456
    January 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM
    Kelp and seaweed both help good luck
  • tabi_cat1023
    January 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM
    California rolls and sheets of seaweed worked wonders for me and i took kelp pills often when i felt off. Worked for supplu
  • LucyHourglass
    January 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM

is this supposed to help hyper or hypo? ive never heard of this

Quoting Precious333:

I saw an herbalist when i was nursing and suspecting a thyroid issue. He have me iodine among other things, the kelp has iodine which is suppose to help from what i have read.

• Precious333
    January 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    I forget, i never was diagnosed and my hormonal imbalance was temprary. I do believe though that many times people can go back and forth between hypo and hyper, no sure if that is because of trying to figure out the right medication dosage or what not.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

is this supposed to help hyper or hypo? ive never heard of this

Quoting Precious333:

• LRay121
    by LRay121
    January 28, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Thank you so much! Sorry I forgot to check ack to see the replys :) Sushi for lunch!

Quoting Precious333:

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts