Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
poosey08
Overbearing in-laws!!
January 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Does anyone else have in laws that drive them completely insane? I have to go into a different room to nurse my son, they say weird stuff all the time that I don't agree with and they always want to be around. The literally drive me crazy!!!

Replies

• MusherMaggie
    January 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM
    My MIL was like that. I just ignore her, or did the sole & nod thing occasionally.
  • gdiamante
    January 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM

"In Law" is a suffix meaning "to be ignored."

I no longer have parents-in-law to be ignored, though.

• whoopsie16
    January 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    i have an aunt like that. we're constantly going back & fourth..
  • Emadele
    by Emadele
    January 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    Don't allow them to project their issues onto you and your baby! My in-laws did the same thing to me and it turned me into a closet-nurser! And it probably contributed to me forcing ds1 to wean at 14/15 mos way before he was ready to be done. Stand your ground now. You will be better off for it and it will make dealing with them with future children tons easier!

• KelleyLitty
    January 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    I have a MOM like that. I stood up to her when I had ds 3.5 years ago and that was the last I heard from her. Being "family" doesn't give anyone the right to treat you poorly. If they don't like how you live your life they can choose to stay and keep their comments to themselves or they can go.
  • poosey08
    January 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM

It isn't' t even just that. It's just about everything they say that is annoying!

Quoting Emadele:

Don't allow them to project their issues onto you and your baby! My in-laws did the same thing to me and it turned me into a closet-nurser! And it probably contributed to me forcing ds1 to wean at 14/15 mos way before he was ready to be done. Stand your ground now. You will be better off for it and it will make dealing with them with future children tons easier!

• poosey08
    January 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I agree!!! We stopped talking to them for 8 months when they got this bad before. We figured we' d give it another shot. What a mistake!!

Quoting KelleyLitty:

I have a MOM like that. I stood up to her when I had ds 3.5 years ago and that was the last I heard from her. Being "family" doesn't give anyone the right to treat you poorly. If they don't like how you live your life they can choose to stay and keep their comments to themselves or they can go.

• mamabens
    January 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Nope but i'd be damned if I went to another room! I would go home first! My inlaws live in TN & Fla & I'm ok with that. (I'm in Northern Ky btw)lol My MIL in TN is much easier to get along with than my FIL & his wife though.

• Lindsayhoy0612
    January 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    I hate hating to nurse so if I'm covering up its for other people's comfort except when it comes to my mil.... She makes me uncomfortable! Makes comments about my breasts the way I'm nursing it drives me nuts!!
  • Mama_Of_Two2012
    January 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM

My FIL is really good at letting DD do EXACTLY what I just told her she couldn't do. OR if I am trying to tell her to do something he will sit there and try to get her attention, so I look at him and say "do you hear ME trying to tell her something...." My MIL is always telling us how we are doing this wrong or that wrong or we need to do this different or that different. We are doing what we feel is right for our children, She is all over our DD and I am sure she will be with our DS when he is older, not to jump on this, or run, or potentonally fall....She might break something...well kids will be kids, there gunna fall and scrap a knee, or break a bone...its a part of life, now I do try and protect them from getting hurt by making them wear a helmit and stuff but she is a kid, she is bound to fall and scrap something.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts