Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
poosey08
Overbearing in-laws!!
January 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Does anyone else have in laws that drive them completely insane? I have to go into a different room to nurse my son, they say weird stuff all the time that I don't agree with and they always want to be around. The literally drive me crazy!!!

Replies

• Starshine-bela
    January 26, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    I haven't really like my mil since she called me a slob and told me that df and me will break up because of it and blah blah blah. This was while I was pregnant and we were still living at her house. Now I avoid her if I can. I hate when she comes to visit. She just stares at ds and me the whole time if I'm nursing him and some of the things she says rubs me the wrong way. I would suggest to distance yourself as best you can. Sorry they're being so cruel to you.
  • BabyPink07
    January 26, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    Mine are so bad we're considering taking my maiden name. I told dh I don't want to be a part of his family.
  • mamabens
    January 26, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Yeah my MIL & I get along for the most part but we've distanced more since she told me the reason my husband had a seizure was because I was pregnant & he was probably stressed out & bottled it up instead of telling me.(he has had seizures since he got hit by a car at 15) Oh & she keeps telling me all of the pregnancy symptoms I'm having(which are normal but not for ME) are because of my age. She had me wondering if I should check into a  nursing home after birth. BTW I'm only 38.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

I haven't really like my mil since she called me a slob and told me that df and me will break up because of it and blah blah blah. This was while I was pregnant and we were still living at her house. Now I avoid her if I can. I hate when she comes to visit. She just stares at ds and me the whole time if I'm nursing him and some of the things she says rubs me the wrong way. I would suggest to distance yourself as best you can. Sorry they're being so cruel to you.

• gabwest
    by gabwest
    January 26, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    My in laws drive me nuts as well!!! My child is 3 months, he's my first, and my mother in law acts as if I have no idea what I'm doing. My father in law does the same. I dont care if they raised three kids..my husband is the only normal one out of the three and the oldest. I'm 25 years old...I'm not a teen mom like her other daughter in law, who is a complete moron and who had no idea what she was doing. I tried to be nice and bite my tongue, but you can only take soo much!! I finally told my husband to tell her to back off or I was going to do it and not be so nice about it. So now if something bothers me I tell her NO! Put your foot down and DO not feel bad about it!
  • Starshine-bela
    January 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM
    Yeah that's nuts. Some people need to butt out

Quoting mamabens:

Yeah my MIL & I get along for the most part but we've distanced more since she told me the reason my husband had a seizure was because I was pregnant & he was probably stressed out & bottled it up instead of telling me.(he has had seizures since he got hit by a car at 15) Oh & she keeps telling me all of the pregnancy symptoms I'm having(which are normal but not for ME) are because of my age. She had me wondering if I should check into a  nursing home after birth. BTW I'm only 38.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

• poosey08
    January 26, 2013 at 9:04 PM
    Quoting BabyPink07:

Mine are so bad we're considering taking my maiden name. I told dh I don't want to be a part of his family.

I agree, if it's hurting then it's time to call it quits!!
  • poosey08
    January 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    Quoting gabwest:

My in laws drive me nuts as well!!! My child is 3 months, he's my first, and my mother in law acts as if I have no idea what I'm doing. My father in law does the same. I dont care if they raised three kids..my husband is the only normal one out of the three and the oldest. I'm 25 years old...I'm not a teen mom like her other daughter in law, who is a complete moron and who had no idea what she was doing. I tried to be nice and bite my tongue, but you can only take soo much!! I finally told my husband to tell her to back off or I was going to do it and not be so nice about it. So now if something bothers me I tell her NO! Put your foot down and DO not feel bad about it!

Will do. you are sooooooo right!!!!
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    January 26, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Thankfully no.  My MIL breastfed all of her children until they self-weaned around 3/4 years old.  Though they are Mexican and have weird supersitions.  I don't pay mind to those though lol.  Like my MIL says not to clip babies toenails until they are 1 or they won't learn to walk......... lol.

• finnbar
    by finnbar
    January 26, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    Oh in-laws schmin-laws. Just ignore.
    Your avi pic is so adorable!
  • GraceStrickland
    January 26, 2013 at 9:44 PM

That sucks...especially when you have an infant because you really need to be in your happy place with the sleep deprivation and hormones.  I would tell my husband to nicely ask them for a little space unless he wanted me to do it...which he never would! :-P

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts