Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
MommaGreenhalge
Am I the only one?
January 25, 2013 at 7:19 PM
With a tiny baby? She's ten months and stil fits in some 3-6 month clothes. She has zero interest in eating anything but breastmilk. I just seem to remember my boys being a lot bigger and more advanced. She's more like a six month old. I'm kind of scared to take her to a Dr. (I skip well checkups because we don't vaccinate) because I don't want someone accusing me of not taking care of her.

Replies

• happymommy1105
    January 25, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    Well baby checks are for more than shots.

You need to take her in.
  • piwife
    by piwife
    January 25, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    I have a tiny son.. he is almost 4 and just reach 30lbs.
  • piwife
    by piwife
    January 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    She doesn't have too. .. a lot of my friends skip baby well checks

Quoting happymommy1105:

You need to take her in.

• K8wizzo
    by K8wizzo
    January 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM

How are milestones?  Is she growing?  I remember talking about supply and formula stuff with you months ago--how's all of that going now?

ETA: went back through to check and it was just pumping slightly less than was needed for work days.  I think I was thinking of someone else with a similar avatar who went through some FTT stuff.

• MamaCeleste0722
    January 25, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Yep, all 3 of my kids are small. My daughter was a small baby but my twins were even smaller than her. My twin boys are 6 now. One's 38 lbs and the other is 42 lbs. 

If you're concerned about her development though, you might want to check out Early Child Intervention, assuming you're in the States ( though I think they would need something from a doctor) 

• MommyO2-6631
    January 25, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    I'm wondering about milestones too... what all is she doing?

Quoting K8wizzo:

How are milestones?  Is she growing?  I remember talking about supply and formula stuff with you months ago--how's all of that going now?

• K8wizzo
    by K8wizzo
    January 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM

They don't need a dr referral--you can just call and get an evaluation.  Early Intervention is run through your county and even if you can't find the number (ours has a different name), you can call the general county offices and have someone transfer you.

Quoting MamaCeleste0722:

Yep, all 3 of my kids are small. My daughter was a small baby but my twins were even smaller than her. My twin boys are 6 now. One's 38 lbs and the other is 42 lbs. 

If you're concerned about her development though, you might want to check out Early Child Intervention, assuming you're in the States ( though I think they would need something from a doctor) 

• Precious333
    January 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    Do you have a wholistic doctor you can see?
  • happymommy1105
    January 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    I didn't say she had to.

In my opinion, she should.

I know a lot of people skip well baby checks.

I don't. I don't advise people to either.

Well baby checks are for more than shots. we are a not vax family and I still take my kids to their well child checks.

Quoting piwife:

She doesn't have too. .. a lot of my friends skip baby well checks

Quoting happymommy1105:

You need to take her in.

• MamaCeleste0722
    January 25, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Ah Ok. Couldn't remember. All three of my kids went through Early Child Intervention, but it's been awhile :) 

Quoting K8wizzo:

They don't need a dr referral--you can just call and get an evaluation.  Early Intervention is run through your county and even if you can't find the number (ours has a different name), you can call the general county offices and have someone transfer you.

Quoting MamaCeleste0722:

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts