Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
MommaGreenhalge
Am I the only one?
January 25, 2013 at 7:19 PM
With a tiny baby? She's ten months and stil fits in some 3-6 month clothes. She has zero interest in eating anything but breastmilk. I just seem to remember my boys being a lot bigger and more advanced. She's more like a six month old. I'm kind of scared to take her to a Dr. (I skip well checkups because we don't vaccinate) because I don't want someone accusing me of not taking care of her.

Replies

• happymommy1105
    January 25, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    Well baby checks are for more than shots.

You need to take her in.
  • piwife
    by piwife
    January 25, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    I have a tiny son.. he is almost 4 and just reach 30lbs.
  • piwife
    by piwife
    January 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    She doesn't have too. .. a lot of my friends skip baby well checks

Quoting happymommy1105:

You need to take her in.

• K8wizzo
    by K8wizzo
    January 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM

How are milestones?  Is she growing?  I remember talking about supply and formula stuff with you months ago--how's all of that going now?

ETA: went back through to check and it was just pumping slightly less than was needed for work days.  I think I was thinking of someone else with a similar avatar who went through some FTT stuff.

• MamaCeleste0722
    January 25, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Yep, all 3 of my kids are small. My daughter was a small baby but my twins were even smaller than her. My twin boys are 6 now. One's 38 lbs and the other is 42 lbs. 

If you're concerned about her development though, you might want to check out Early Child Intervention, assuming you're in the States ( though I think they would need something from a doctor) 

• MommyO2-6631
    January 25, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    I'm wondering about milestones too... what all is she doing?

Quoting K8wizzo:

How are milestones?  Is she growing?  I remember talking about supply and formula stuff with you months ago--how's all of that going now?

• K8wizzo
    by K8wizzo
    January 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM

They don't need a dr referral--you can just call and get an evaluation.  Early Intervention is run through your county and even if you can't find the number (ours has a different name), you can call the general county offices and have someone transfer you.

Quoting MamaCeleste0722:

Yep, all 3 of my kids are small. My daughter was a small baby but my twins were even smaller than her. My twin boys are 6 now. One's 38 lbs and the other is 42 lbs. 

If you're concerned about her development though, you might want to check out Early Child Intervention, assuming you're in the States ( though I think they would need something from a doctor) 

• Precious333
    January 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    Do you have a wholistic doctor you can see?
  • happymommy1105
    January 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    I didn't say she had to.

In my opinion, she should.

I know a lot of people skip well baby checks.

I don't. I don't advise people to either.

Well baby checks are for more than shots. we are a not vax family and I still take my kids to their well child checks.

Quoting piwife:

She doesn't have too. .. a lot of my friends skip baby well checks

Quoting happymommy1105:

You need to take her in.

• MamaCeleste0722
    January 25, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Ah Ok. Couldn't remember. All three of my kids went through Early Child Intervention, but it's been awhile :) 

Quoting K8wizzo:

They don't need a dr referral--you can just call and get an evaluation.  Early Intervention is run through your county and even if you can't find the number (ours has a different name), you can call the general county offices and have someone transfer you.

Quoting MamaCeleste0722:

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN