Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
GremlinMom
carseats OT
January 25, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I know this is a BF group but I honestly trust this group the most with knowing proper safety. I am buying new carseats for my twin 2 yr olds and 8 month old. Tell what you think of them? From a couple of recommended lists, these are in our price range.

Convertable carseat Evenflo Momentum 65
RF 5-40lbs / FF 20-65 lbs

Convertable carseat Safety 1st Complete Air
RF 5-40 / FF 22-50 lbs

Replies

• Eliots_momma
    January 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I just bought a Graco MYSIZE 70 for my 8 month and we both like it. (RF 4-40) and (FF 20-70). I like it because it rf so long. I also like that i dont have to rethread the straps as he grows.

• K8wizzo
    by K8wizzo
    January 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM

This is the favorite of CPSTs right now as far as convertibles go (My Size 70 or Size 4 Me 70, same seat different names): http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13069715

• melindabelcher
    mel
    January 25, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Shirt size, weight?

Are you needing to fit three across?

Rf or FF?

• Nicolle_09
    January 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Theres a car seat safety group :)

• GremlinMom
    January 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM
    For the twins: 18 month size shirt, IDK their weight honestly. Check up is soon. They are forward faced because of the type of seats we currently have, so its open to be changed with a new seat.
    The baby is 6-9 mo sizes, 16lbs. RF
    No. My van does not allow that, we tried but it was unsafe, simply due to the design of the inside. The twins are in the way back, a bench, and the baby is in the middle row, a single seat.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Shirt size, weight?

Are you needing to fit three across?

Rf or FF?

• KayelynnsMama
    January 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Size 4 me 70/ My size 70/Headwise 70

Pretty much all the same seat. Rearface until 40 and forward face until 70. The Headwise also has a 10 year lifespan. I'm getting my daughter the Headwise in a month or 2.

• melindabelcher
    mel
    January 26, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    Momentum is good I actually wished I owned one! Start clear of the complete air it has a strict rf height ,
    The twins are on the shorter side so I would look at britax convertibles. For the rf tether. They'll last rf until around 3.5

The roundabout should be in your price range.

if not you can check out the my size or headwise those could last you rf easily until 4yo+

Guide 65 should keep them rf until 3 and is on the cheaper side

If you want to keep them ff securekid 300 or 400. Harmony defender.
  • ForeverInLove
    January 26, 2013 at 7:44 AM

I'm going to throw in the MySize70/Size4Me70 if you can swing to get those instead. It has some great reviews. It's highest harness slot is 17.5", the same as the Momentum, but is skinner by a few inches.

Of the two you chose, I'd suggest going with the Momentum, for the higher harness slots so that you can get a longer harness out of it. 

I'm not as knowledge about individual seats, as many of the ladies in the car seat group, but I am a technician. I just keep my references handy :)

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN