Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
Brooked18
Ear infections
January 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM
So my lil ds has a double ear infection, I went to the doc for an antibiotic but I was reading the pedeatric assoc. doesn't recommend them anymore, I was just wondering what other moms do.

Replies

• melindabelcher
    mel
    January 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Treat the discomfort.

Assuming your breastfeeding. Put a couple drops of breastmilk in his ears at least 3 times a day.

• mamabens
    January 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

This

Quoting melindabelcher:

Treat the discomfort.

Assuming your breastfeeding. Put a couple drops of breastmilk in his ears at least 3 times a day.

• aehanrahan
    January 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM
    Yep!

Quoting mamabens:

This

Quoting melindabelcher:

Treat the discomfort.

• kiki2382
    January 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    Garlic oil works too. If it becomes a chronic thing you might want to try bringing him to a holistic chiropractor.
  • MamaDee83
    January 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Wait, they aren't supposed to take antibiotics for an ear infection anymore?? Or do you mean if it's a low grade one, wait it out? My DD had a terrible ear infection - the only one so far, actually, and she is almost 16 months old - and she was spiking a high fever and pulling at her ear, so when the doctor prescribed an antibiotic, I didn't argue. My DS, who is older, had one recently as well, but we didn't give him any antibiotics and it passed. His was not as bad as DD's was, though.

• Brooked18
    January 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    They say 6 months and younger, my ds us 7 months. But antibiotics don't really do anything to help they will clear up on their own, I have given him tylonal to help with pain, and some garlic oil my MIL made she knows all about natural remedies, and he is doing better today!
  • MrsRinehart2010
    January 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I would do the meds.

Both my girls suffer cronic ear double ear infection even aftr tubes an the antibiotics is the only thing that rids of them if they are bad. In my experience I would do it.

• MrsRinehart2010
    January 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Quoting melindabelcher:

Treat the discomfort.

I tried that with my youngest and she had a melt down lol. (shes 2 now  an still nusring an still wont let me do it lol). We use antibiotcs with her , both my girls suffer from cronic double ear infections even after tubes , I guess they got my ears because even at 22 I suffer from cronic double ear infections :O(

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts