Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
Cafe Jenn
Have you ever had your breasts leak at a bad time?
January 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Moms Share Craziest Leaking Breastmilk Stories

Posted by Michele Zipp 
on January 20, 2013 at 9:30 AM

breastfeeding t-shirtWhen Claire Danes shared that she was afraid she was going to leak breastmilk all over her Versace gown during the Golden Globes many of us could totally relate. To thebreastmilk leaking part, not the Versace or Golden Globes part. I remember when it happened to me at a very inopportune time. I was interviewing a candidate for a position and had pushed back my pumping time to fit it in. While talking to her I felt it. Slightly warm, then a little cool, a puddle of sorts accumulating on my nursing pad. A nursing pad I wanted to wring out in order to save every last drop because this is liquid gold and I had twins to feed and every drop was an important drop.

Claire Danes didn't leak for the world to see. And I didn't wring out my breast pads. But I did get some crazy stories from breastfeeding moms who had somebreastmilk leak or squirt out at a really bad time. Check out their funny stories.

It happened to me at work. After my son was born and I went back to work in the deli, every day I'd have a wet shirt under my apron, which didn't cover it up very well. I took to stuffing paper towels into my bra to try and sop it up. My husband used to drive the 20 minutes and bring my son to the store for me to nurse during my breaks, but I still had overflow. -Joye

At my son's BAPTISM! TADA! Right in the middle. I overproduced like CRAY CRAY. I used breast pads and everything. And they leaked RIGHT THROUGH. Thank goodness I had on a sweater set and I could button up my sweater until the baptism was over. -Marj

Oh gosh. I once leaked through all my layers, both sides, right before walking into a crowded business training. Many people made eye contact with me, including the workshop presenter. -Nathalie

Quite soon after Scarlett was born, I treated myself to an early morning pedicure. I got very ... relaxed. Afterwards, I had some extra time, so I thought maybe I'd get a half hour massage at the place right across from the nail salon. When I went in and asked for an appointment, the lady looked at me kind of weird but said okay. It wasn't until after I sat down that I finally felt the wetness. I looked down to two HUGE wet spots getting bigger by the second. Thank goodness I was wearing a coat. I pulled it closed and left without saying a word. -Leah

It was one of my first post-birth outings and we had my husband's cousins' wedding to attend. My sister watched our newborn when my we went and I started leaking the minute I walked out of the house. I had on breast pads but thought it should be fine. Well, I ended up filling those to the point where I had to take them off. I put some paper towels in their place, but leaked right through those. You can see my wet spots in all the photos of me at that wedding. -Jen

My breastmilk squirted all over my husband while we were having sex. -Becky

I was breastfeeding my child and the doorbell rang, so I stopped and went to the door to see who it was. It was UPS. Not only was I leaking, but I forgot to pull my shirt down all the way. He noticed. I pretended I didn't.  -Erin

Wow! Which one do you think is most embarrassing? Have you ever had your breasts leak at a bad time?

Image via CafePress

Replies

• Precious333
    January 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM

not that I can remember, I have leaked in public, but never anything embarrasing. Whenever I feel I'm starting to leak (tingling feeling), I just put my arm to my breast and apply pressure, it stops the leaking.

• JenniferMiller0
    January 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM

We took my son, then 2 weeks old, to his dr appt. I leaked all over my shirt on one side!

• Amberleigh81
    January 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    Ummm today! I was giving report to my clinical instructor at the hospital, and went, "uh oh..."

I looked down and there were two wet spots on my scrubs!

My instructor says, "Go get some ABD pads out of supply"... HOW EMBARRASSING!

...and my son is 15 months old, for Pete's sake!!!
  • mamabens
    January 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Is there REALLY a good time for your breasts to leak? lol

• melindabelcher
    mel
    January 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM
    Exactly!

Quoting mamabens:

Is there REALLY a good time for your breasts to leak? lol

• Azura311
    January 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    Yes shopping for food! Nut I used baby to cover it. Held him right over long leck spot looked awkward but worked. Lol
  • Queen_Bee01
    January 25, 2013 at 1:29 AM
    Yes I was giving my college nutrition presentation. It had to be 10 minutes min and I was standing up in class and it suddenly felt cold and people were starring... I was so embarrassed lmao.

Oh well.
  • sleepymommy87
    January 25, 2013 at 1:33 AM
    Yep in class. I was wearing a light gray shirt so the wet spots were wayyy obvious. The worst part was that a classmate told me, i didn't even realize. I wanted to crawl underneath the floor. Lol
  • FIREFOX1336
    January 25, 2013 at 1:43 AM
    When I was bf ds I worked flight line for military, well a plane had an issue trying to take off as I was headed to pump so I had to run out there, it was hot out so I didn't have my uniform top on just the tshirt.. And the unit commander was the pilot that I had to deal with, once I did my part normally we would wait until the plane was taxiing and make sure it had no other problems but I think it was making all the guys uncomfortable because once I was done expediter drove me back to the building an said to take my time lol.
  • FIREFOX1336
    January 25, 2013 at 1:45 AM
    I should say the commander actually asked to make sure they were allowing me to pump, I had to explain that yes I was on my way to when the radio call came to get out there.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts