Breastfeeding Moms

annaica
Do you post your own breastfeeding pics on Facebook?
by annaica
January 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Have you ever posted a picture of your child breastfeeding on Facebook?  What kind of reactions have you gotten from your "friends?"

Do you post your own breastfeeding pics on Facebook?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 36% - Yes, I have.
  2. 63% - No, I haven't.

Replies

• Brandy85412
    January 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I have, it was all positive.

• gumbeme06
    January 17, 2013 at 8:15 PM
    When I had a nursling I most definitely did and probably will with this one too .. I received a few negative comments.... They just got the nice little remove from friends list button
  • DragonMother10
    January 17, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    I don't post pictures of me nursing. They know my son breastfeeds, they don't need to see pictures. I post other pictures of my son, so it's not like they are missing out. All.
    nursing photos are for me and my husband.
  • turttlemom
    January 17, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I haven´t but my SO did post a picture of my nursing our son right before we left the hospital, I was already dressed up and my shirt cover almost all my breast. The reaction, my very best friend and roommate from collage gave me a speech of how disrespectful my SO was.She was the only one that made acomment

• sjwest1989
    January 17, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    I haven't but my boyfriend has without telling but there were no negative comments.
  • annaica
    by annaica
    January 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM
    Awww I think that was sweet of him! Weird she thinks it is disrespectful :(

Quoting turttlemom:

I haven´t but my SO did post a picture of my nursing our son right before we left the hospital, I was already dressed up and my shirt cover almost all my breast. The reaction, my very best friend and roommate from collage gave me a speech of how disrespectful my SO was.She was the only one that made acomment

• BlessedMammaof2
    January 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    I haven't ironically. My nursling will be two in March and I have yet to do so. Now I have posted and shared a number of other BF photos and related articles. I have plenty of photos of me BF though.
  • turttlemom
    January 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I know, even though she still is my best friend and loves my baby, she is everything but supportive, she is always asking me when  will I switch to formula and keep saying if she ever have a baby she won't bf because she wants to have good sex at least :(

Quoting annaica:

Awww I think that was sweet of him! Weird she thinks it is disrespectful :(

Quoting turttlemom:

• OBImomma
    January 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    Yes. Most, if not all of my friends on fb have or are for breast feeding. No one ever said anything.
  • Sunflower_rn
    January 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I agree it is a private moment between myself and my lo. I am not modest lol just feel its private. wouldn't care if a friend posted or not, to each their own. also my hubby is very private and modest so if I wanted I would definately have to consider his feelings.

Breastfeeding Moms