Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
MOMMY2ACR
Wondering if I need to throw this milk out...I hope not!
January 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Today I left Elena for the first time. I had a few bags of frozen milk and on the way to my dads to drop her off I pumped so when she got there she had 3oz of fresh milk in the bottle. Well she only drank about 2oz and I had brought 2 frozen bags 4oz each with me just in case. (I wayyyyy over prepare lol) anyways we had stuff to do after I picked her up and the milk thawed but stayed cold in the insulated bag. So now I have 8oz of thawed milk in the fridge and she probably won't have to take a bottle again until Tuesday. So will the thawed milk be good for a few days or is it only good for 24 hours? I hate to dump it down the drain :(

Replies

• victoriangavin
    January 12, 2013 at 10:55 PM
    Breastmilk is good in the fridge for 7 days, deepfreezer for a year, and freezer for 6 months. You just can't refreeze thawed milk
  • MOMMY2ACR
    January 12, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    Thank you :)

Quoting victoriangavin:

Breastmilk is good in the fridge for 7 days, deepfreezer for a year, and freezer for 6 months. You just can't refreeze thawed milk
  • maggiemom2000
    January 12, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Thawed frozen milk needs to be used within 24 hrs. Freshly pumped milk may be good for 7 days in the fridge, but not thawed.

• Nicolle_09
    January 12, 2013 at 11:01 PM
    Thawed HAS to be used or thrown out after 24 hours. Only fresh is good for a week in the fridge

Quoting MOMMY2ACR:

Thank you :)

Quoting victoriangavin:

• audmom1218
    January 12, 2013 at 11:02 PM
    For future packing reference, 1oz per hour you plan to be away. Makes it easier to plan and have less waste.
  • Nicolle_09
    January 12, 2013 at 11:03 PM
    Thawed is only good for 24 hours in the fridge, fresh is good for a week in the fridge.

Quoting victoriangavin:

• gumbeme06
    January 12, 2013 at 11:03 PM
    This

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Thawed frozen milk needs to be used within 24 hrs. Freshly pumped milk may be good for 7 days in the fridge, but not thawed.

• victoriangavin
    January 12, 2013 at 11:11 PM
    Wic didn't tell me that one! Lol thank you

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Thawed is only good for 24 hours in the fridge, fresh is good for a week in the fridge.

Quoting victoriangavin:

• MOMMY2ACR
    January 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    Thanks ladies!!
  • Nicolle_09
    January 12, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Never rely on WIC for breastfeeding, they are very poorly trained in most cases. 

Heres the link that works to best for storage info:

http://www.lansinoh.com/breastfeeding/storing-breastmilk

Quoting victoriangavin:

Wic didn't tell me that one! Lol thank you

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Quoting victoriangavin:

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN