Breastfeeding Moms

3grls1wildboy
what is the slowest flow bottles ?
January 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM

baby is visiting with dad every other weekend and 2 days aweek  and want to find the slowest flow there is we have the avent the nipple is number 1  but seems like it comes out fast

Replies

• Precious333
    January 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I think a lot of nipples come out faster than they should, I'm not sure which is the slowest, but you want to also look at the shape of the nipple as well.

• BabyPink07
    January 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM
    I use playtex nursers drop ins. Print off Kelly mom's reccomendations for bottle feeding :)
  • maggiemom2000
    January 12, 2013 at 10:55 PM

One bottle/nipple that is consistently at the top of the list for low flow for breastfed babies is the Playtex Naturalatch nipple. Many different IBCLCs who have tested different nipples and work with moms and babies suggest this one.

• maggiemom2000
    January 12, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Quoting BabyPink07:

I use playtex nursers drop ins. Print off Kelly mom's reccomendations for bottle feeding :)

Definitely print out those bottle feeding suggestions from kellymom! HOW the bottle is given is just as important (or even more important) than the actual nipple.

• 3grls1wildboy
    January 13, 2013 at 8:36 AM

ok will print out thank you... she gave a schedual and she didnt even use all of milk recommended but baby ate all evening as soon as she picked her up

• 3grls1wildboy
    January 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM

anyone have the link to that section i cant find it ??

• melindabelcher
    mel
    January 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM
    How old is baby?
    imo more important then the flow is the amount. Make sure baby is getting 2-3oz bottles every 2-3hrs. Never more then 3oz evey 2.5-3hrs.
  • 3grls1wildboy
    January 13, 2013 at 8:56 AM

yes she is only giving 2 oz bottles every 2-3 hours ...baby is 7 weeks ..and b4 anyone bashes this was the only way they would agree to keep out of court system bc going through court ist mandatory for baby to be overnight 2 days a week and every other weekend and thats not possible...this is hard enough

Quoting melindabelcher:

How old is baby?
    imo more important then the flow is the amount. Make sure baby is getting 2-3oz bottles every 2-3hrs. Never more then 3oz evey 2.5-3hrs.

• ms.momo3
    January 13, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    Tommee tippee closer to nature. I know they are pricier, but my son wouldnt latch when he was first born because he was early. He learned to latch correctly with the tommee tippee and going back to breast was simple and there was no nipple confusion.
  • Beauty91805
    January 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    This. My son is 7 weeks and we use this bottle and there has been no difficulty whatsoever with going between the bottle and breast.

Quoting ms.momo3:

Tommee tippee closer to nature. I know they are pricier, but my son wouldnt latch when he was first born because he was early. He learned to latch correctly with the tommee tippee and going back to breast was simple and there was no nipple confusion.

Breastfeeding Moms