Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
PolishMamma2
Do all Breastfeeding moms cloth diaper?
January 12, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I went to the store with a friend and she asked me arent you going to get diapers? I said no I use cloth, she replied oh yeah you breastfeed, I should have known you use cloth. Huh?? So is it just a hand in hand thing to Bfeed & cloth diaper? 

Do you use cloth diapers?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 37% - yes
  2. 62% - no

Replies

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    January 12, 2013 at 1:36 AM

No, I didn't use cloth diapers.  lol

Are you "crunchy" in a lot of ways?  Maybe she's just getting that impression?

• Lala06
    by Lala06
    January 12, 2013 at 1:39 AM
    No I don't and all the moms I know that bf didn't use cloth either...
  • princess_peach
    January 12, 2013 at 1:40 AM
    Haha! I used to use cloth, but can't right now. It has absolutely nothing to do with breastfeeding though. I also know moms who formula feed and use cloth.
  • PolishMamma2
    January 12, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Its funny I dont even know what "crunchy" means, I EBF because its a no brainer, but I use cloth because I dont see myself throwing $$$ away. Not that I dont care about the enviroment, I just dont see how that would make that much of a diff.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

• polkaspots
    January 12, 2013 at 1:54 AM
    I do both. I use a lot of cloth because paper towels and other throw away items get to be quite wasteful and expensive.
  • kyuteangl88
    January 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM
    I do, I didn't cloth diaper with my oldest two though.
  • Mrs.Kubalabuku
    January 12, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Yeah, I couldn't imagine doing all that laundry.  And with all the laundry I'd be doing, not sure it would help the environment.  I get environmentally friendly ones, and I flush the turds I can flush.  I'd also babysat a few babies who used cloth diapers, and I just hated the experience.  Their clothing ALWAYS got wet.  So I'd have to wash their diapers, their clothing, and whatever they happened to be siting on.  3 different brands, 3 different messy wet babies.  Though, none of them ever got a diaper rash.

Crunchy just means "natural."  Like EBF, cloth diapers, baby wearing, only ever using homeopathic things, only feeding the baby organic foods when they start solids, etc.  It can mean different things to different people, but those are ones I see often.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Its funny I dont even know what "crunchy" means, I EBF because its a no brainer, but I use cloth because I dont see myself throwing $$$ away. Not that I dont care about the enviroment, I just dont see how that would make that much of a diff.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

• justone_jen
    Jen
    January 12, 2013 at 2:00 AM
    I am thinking about cloth diapering, but up to this point, I haven't.

I think people associate breastfeeding with women who are more natural minded. And many natural minded women cloth diaper. I'm not saying it's a good assumption, but I get it.
  • PolishMamma2
    January 12, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Oh well then yeah, i guess im a crunchy momma!! lol. I hate putting lables on life, My dipers dont leak, I think sometimes they can if not washed properly...

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Yeah, I couldn't imagine doing all that laundry.  And with all the laundry I'd be doing, not sure it would help the environment.  I get environmentally friendly ones, and I flush the turds I can flush.  I'd also babysat a few babies who used cloth diapers, and I just hated the experience.  Their clothing ALWAYS got wet.  So I'd have to wash their diapers, their clothing, and whatever they happened to be siting on.  3 different brands, 3 different messy wet babies.  Though, none of them ever got a diaper rash.

Crunchy just means "natural."  Like EBF, cloth diapers, baby wearing, only ever using homeopathic things, only feeding the baby organic foods when they start solids, etc.  It can mean different things to different people, but those are ones I see often.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

• summerbear
    January 12, 2013 at 2:07 AM
    I do. But, I started almost a year ago. I ebf dd2 who is now 3yo. So with her I was not using them then.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts