Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
2manydiapers
he still wont eat solids. 14mo
January 9, 2013 at 12:12 AM
My 14mo D's still has no real interest in solids, he will rarely eat. But is still breast feeding on demand no longer than 4 hour gaps. He actually ask for it and will try and pull my shirt down. I don't mind breast feeding and yes huge so I'm not worried. Its just my oldest Ds & ss were formula fed so they ate at 6 month and ate fine.

So ds diet is 90% - 85% breast milk most days. We've tried everything we can, he still feeds through out the night.

Anyone have any tips? Can't do CIO because of my older two so night weaning isn't an option.

Replies

• 2manydiapers
    January 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    I hate my phone ... ugh sorry for typos
  • TattoodMommy19
    January 9, 2013 at 12:14 AM
    Don't worry about it.

Its perfectly fine. Your job is to offer healthy foods. His job is to decide what, when, and how much to eat. Nurse on demand and offer foods.

I'm going through the same thing with my almost 14 month old. She was eating quite a bit of table food and then suddenly started nursing like a newborn again.
  • crazymom21
    January 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    My youngest had no interest in anything but nursing til she was 18 months old. I just let her have her way. I'd leave her with MIL but she would refuse. Not sure what to tell you if weaning is your goal. Some babies are truely breast babies lol
  • 2manydiapers
    January 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    Ya every time we eat as a family I make him a small plate and it usually just sits there. Then he nurses when I finish

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Don't worry about it.

Its perfectly fine. Your job is to offer healthy foods. His job is to decide what, when, and how much to eat. Nurse on demand and offer foods.

I'm going through the same thing with my almost 14 month old. She was eating quite a bit of table food and then suddenly started nursing like a newborn again.
  • 2manydiapers
    January 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    I don't think weaning is an option lol more I've been trying to get him to eat more with no luck.

Quoting crazymom21:

My youngest had no interest in anything but nursing til she was 18 months old. I just let her have her way. I'd leave her with MIL but she would refuse. Not sure what to tell you if weaning is your goal. Some babies are truely breast babies lol
  • crazymom21
    January 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    My youngest turned 3 in November. She self weaned two months prior. She is super stubborn.

Quoting 2manydiapers:

I don't think weaning is an option lol more I've been trying to get him to eat more with no luck.

Quoting crazymom21:

• gdiamante
    January 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Change nothing from what you're doing because it;'s perfect. He'll take solids when he's ready.

• 2manydiapers
    January 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    Is it lame that this reply comforts me.

He's 34lbs 35in

Quoting gdiamante:

Change nothing from what you're doing because it;'s perfect. He'll take solids when he's ready.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts