Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
MaskedMomma
wine?
December 31, 2012 at 7:10 PM

My baby is almost 4 months old. She's usually in bed for the night by 10. She ocassionaly wakes up at 3 or 5. Wakes up for the morning at 7:30 with us,sleeps in till 8:30 or 9ish on the weekends. Anyways I'm wondering if since we're sitting home this year, if I can have a glass of wine with my SO when the ball drops tonight. and avoid the whole pump and dump thing.

Replies

• hnischke
    December 31, 2012 at 7:12 PM
    As long as you feel safe to drive *no buzz* you're safe to nurse! Enjoy that wine!
  • kdgord
    by kdgord
    December 31, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    I've always heard that a small amount of alcohol is fine..safe to drive safe to bf from what I have been told.
  • melindabelcher
    mel
    December 31, 2012 at 7:42 PM
    Safe to drive equals safe to nurse.
    Enjoy that glass of wine! No need for concern :)
  • happysnappyJ
    December 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Safe to drive is safe to nurse! Enjoy!

• gdiamante
    December 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Pump and dump isn't needed unless your're stinko drunk and need to do it for comfort.

• MommyO2-6631
    December 31, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    I believe you'll be fine unless one glass gets you sloshed!
  • TurtleMomma82
    December 31, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I found a website that has a chart that shows how long it takes for alcohol to leave your breastmilk depending on how much you weigh and how many drinks you have.  For example, I weigh about 180 and had one glass of wine, so I have to wait 2 hours to nurse.  I'll try to put it in here, but I have a hard time copying and pasting on cafemom for some reason....

• TurtleMomma82
    December 31, 2012 at 8:35 PM

www.motherisk.org/women/updatesDetail.jsp?content_id=347

Scroll down a little bit to find the chart,

• MaskedMomma
    December 31, 2012 at 8:43 PM

thanks!

• JadeTigr7
    December 31, 2012 at 10:02 PM

While nursing I occasionally have a glass of wine with dinner or something.  I just wait until I'm nursing to drink the wine, and limit myself to one glass.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts